Premed 101 Forums

ANYBODY AT THE OKANAGAN CAMPUS?

Guest free2flyy

Guest free2flyy

Hey there, I'm doing pre-med here at UBC Okanagan and was wondering if anybody is in the same boat. There seems to be some confusion about pre-reqs and such, so it would be good to chat with someone. I have already contacted the med school and they seem to have no more information for me. Thanks - Brad

Guest TKP 123

At UBC, there isn't any specific program called Pre-Med. As long as you take all pre-requisites for medicine, then you are eligible to apply. I guess that's why people call it pre-med.

When I was at undergrad a few yrs back, I was surprised that there was no "pre-med" advisors available at UBC. But there are information sessions that you can attend.

There is a rumor that there may be a med school at Okanagan as well by 2009 or 2010. I am not sure if this is real.

Guest FungManX

Hey TKP since your in med school already, do you think you can maybe ask one of your profs or maybe even the dean about the UBCokanagan med school you were talking about?

Just to see if the rumours are true....

Thanks

Hello,

when Gordan Campbell made the annoucement last year as an election promise, it was a surprise to the school. The technology we have now is set up for 3 sites, so adding another campus to the current format would be very difficult. I suppose there are always ways around it if enough money is poured in.

In my opinion, with 256 spots by 2010, we are already on our way to a surplus of physicians sooner or later, especially in urban areas.

Guest leviathan

The increased seating has barely kept up with the current rate of deficit we are developing...we need a lot more seats and more importantly a lot more residency training positions to open up.

Archived