Premed 101 Forums

Any UBC student applying to McGill Med?

Guest RedPotato

Guest RedPotato

Hello guys,

Is any UBC-er applying to McGill Med? I have a few questions... any responses appreciated!

(1) Can more than 1 UBC course fulfill 1 McGill pre-requisite course? For example, according to the McGill course description, the topics covered in McGill BIOL 112 would equate to UBC BIOL 200, BIOL 201, and BIOL 302 (well, in my opinion, anyway). Should I put all 3 courses in my application?

(2) For some of the pre-requisites, I wasn't sure if the courses I took at UBC would meet McGill's course requirements. One such example is McGill's BIOL 111: Principles of Organismal Biology. Course Description: An introduction to the structure, function and adaptation of plants and animals in the biosphere. What did you guys put down for this pre-req? UBC's BIOL 112? BIOL 121? Anything else?

Thank you!! ;)

Guest nostalg

Hello Redpotato,

I don't really have answers for you since I'm facing the same questions as you are.

Also, may i ask which o-chem course you took? was it chem233?

I took that, and am wondering if it's going to be a problem since it was only 1 term.

I am going to try and find out some answers from McGill. I will let you know if I hear anything.

Guest RedPotato

Hello Nostalg,

For my o-chem requirements, I put down Chem 123 and Chem 233. I know Chem 123 is kind of iffy, but those are the only two courses I ever took in UBC that had any kind of o-chem. Needless to say, I'm not a big fan of o-chem and intend to never study any more of those reactions ;)

RP

Archived