Premed 101 Forums

Autobiographical Essay

Guest research101

Guest research101

Hi everyone,

I just realized I forgot to put a header or footer with my name on it on the autobiographical essay (as instructed in the pdf file). Is this a big deal- do you think they would make that change for me if i were to send an email about my omission?

Thanks,

Guest kaymcee

I didn't include a header and footer. I didn't realize they were required. I followed the formatting instructions to the letter in terms of length, size, font, point, margins, etc. I highly doubt that they'd throw your essay in the bin simply because it's missing a header and footer.

I definetly didn't read anything about headers and footers so I don't think they're expecting us to do that. What pdf file is this anyways...the application instruction one?

Guest CHUBBY

i didn't include one either..however i don't think it would be a big deal as if it were that important it would have been included on the on-line submission section where we attached our essay

Guest GundamDX

uh... i dont think it should be a big deal... coz it's not written on the instructions linked to the autobio- page... this pdf file is ultra detailed BUT it wasn't available through any link! I found out after the office lady told me...

Guest soulstress

Direct reply from the admissions office (I emailed them because I also omitted it):

Dear ,

No worries, we would prefer if you didn't include a header/footer. Thanks for checking.

:)

Guest docbil

I did not put header or footer for my essay. But did on my awards and publications. I guess when you applied for enough graduate research scholarships you get use to putting your name and SIN or File Number on top.

But Essay.... Well!!! Even though this is the 2nd application in Canada, and 2nd in the US, I am still not use to it.

hehe, you folks need to read the instructions eh? just kidding.

I included a header with my name and page numbers. It did ask for it in the instructions. Also, it gave me one more line for the essay because my name was in the header.

I wouldn't worry about it though.

dh

Archived