Premed 101 Forums

Question about Entering Non-Academic Expereinces

Guest Paulchemguy

Guest Paulchemguy

Hey guys,

I bumped into some problems with the application. For the non-academic seciton, I clicked "Add Heading" to add an activity, but it doesn't seem to allow me to add descriptoin for that activity. When I click the "+" button, it forces me to include the contact phone number all those info again. How do you guys do it?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Paulchemguy

Guest Persistent

Hey!

Yeah, I'm having the same problem as Paulchemguy. The format for entering the Non-Ac is slightly different from the Employment history section. You only get one line apparently. I've read other posts where ppl talk about choosing fewer activities and being more detailed about them... so how are they doing that? Can anyone else help us??

Just had a thought... My approach was to enter each different entry first and then go back and fill in the details of the activity. Is this why I am limited to one short line. If I delete some other entries first will my limit be increased??

Thanks!

Guest Paulchemguy

Hey Persistent, I dont think it has to do with the order you enter your stuff in, cuz I havne't entered a single entry yet. I only added an activity for testing purpose only and it doesn't allow me to add details!

Please help us!!!!!!! Thanks in advance!

Guest Persistent

Hey Paulchemguy...

I've copied and pasted an entry by Kupo from another thread:

"last year i had separate lines. of course, it (the application) asked me for my reference after each line, which i promptly put the same contact person and phone number until i finished my job description(s).

I had

TITLE

- blah skldjf;lfj l;sj f

- Reference: blah Phone: blah

- blah 2

- Reference:

- blah 3

this way, i could put in a lot more details about my job.

is it the same format this year?"

I haven't given that a try yet (still ironing out my essay) but I suspect that will work.

Good luck!

if you leave the contact info blank, and hit 'done', it will just add lines (points) without anything between them. then just add the contact info into the last point only. you are then able to do several points for one employment entry, with the contact info neatly below them.

Unfortunately you cant do this with the non-academic items (as far as I know). You're limited to the number of characters the one text box allows. which is actually quite alot! I just separated different points with semi-colons. Really important stuff I brought up in my essay.

hope this helps

Guest GundamDX

ARe we talking about employment history or non acadmemic entries? I entered as many exp as I can and I tried to be descriptive with activities that don't seem to be obvious. I mean if you put down orientation leader ppl would know what you did right? I "IMAGINE". lol pardon the pun and no i didn't do Imagine.

As for employment history stuff I agree with one of us that dont waste room in the non-acadmemic list for employment stuff. Coz I think the non-academic score is based NOT just on the list.

-DX

Guest Paulchemguy

Hey guys, I got another question. For what kind of experiences do you enter number of hours? For sure osme volunteering experiences. But why about clubs you joined, that's pretty hard!

Thanks for ur advice,

Paulchemguy

Archived