Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist email

Guest Anna

Guest Anna

Looks like us waitlisters will have to wait until next Monday before any movement really begins...

I had to post something...NOSM's forum was the only one in which no one had posted today lol...

Happy waiting everyone :rolleyes

Anna :)

Guest krismd

Has anyone heard of any waitlist movement yet? The email they sent out today didn't sound overly promising that a TON of people were going to be called anytime soon, but hopefully the movement will start shortly! Maybe as soon as tomorrow!

Please post if you know of any movement, to keep the rest of us wailistees hopeful!

Kris

Guest Kidha

I wish they would have said how many people have confirmed a spot so far. That would even give a good indication. I know that people had up to today but you would think that many would have accepted before the 29th.

Guest sandy apple

So looking at posts from last year it took 2 days after the 1st round deadline for the waitlist to start moving. Hopefully that means we will hear something on Wednesday!

Guest Matt66GT

kidha,

I'd be surprised if they know yet....

I think there is some lag time there as the 1st round just expired today. They don't send them as they come in it seems, rather in blocks which makes sense as sandy mentioned according to last years posts.

I don't know of anyone accpeted who's going elsewhere but there are a few people with "a few irons in the fire" out there.

Judging from the folks I've spoken with when the list starts moving it'll go quick as it appears there are a few people with high ranks that have decided to go elsewhere.

good luck

Guest krismd

Looks like Mac has stated to accept some waitlisters...any movement here???

I'm anticipating by tomorrow at the latest...:rolleyes

Guest 24medgirl

Kris,

I'm confused too. I'm waitlisted at Ottawa and expected some movememt by now. I know that the deadline for 1st offers was just yesterday, but really! I know I should be patient, but it's hard being patient when you're in "waitlist purgatory".

Hang in there - I'm trying to!

T.

Guest Kidha

They MUST know of some people who were only accepted there. If you were only accepted at NOSM and didn't waitlist anywhere else would you wait till the last day to take the offer?

This is why I think they had that line in the waitlist update this week about "top few" will move. If they could tell us ... yup 30 people have confirmed...i would have a better idea. That's all.

Guest Matt66GT

K,

I know what you mean but the process is slightly different than that.....

Our acceptances were to expire yesterday. We had to send them back to OMSAS not NOSM. Then OMSAS waits until all the offers have expired (yesterday), then likely forward NOSM a list of accepts/conditionals/declines which I would guess happened today. Then NOSM proceeds accordingly.

Add to that the fact that OMSAS is handling acceptances everywhere and it makes it VERY unlikely that the accepts/declines,etc happen in real time.

So even though I sent in my acceptance a long time ago, NOSM probably didn't know until today how it went with the first round of offers.

I know it doesn't solve the wait but hope the info helps....

Guest krismd

Looks like Ottawa has started moving too! Come on NOSM!!!

Good point about the OMSAS thing. I just figured that if Ottawa and Mac could start calling today, both schools with larger numbers, that NOSM could likely do it with smaller numbers! Not critical...just super anxious!!!

Good luck all!

Guest krismd

Just a quick update...

Just spoke to an aquaintance who turned down NOSM last week (One more spot open!!!). He said then when he spoke to them, the woman on the phone mentioned that they had had a LOT of people reject NOSM this year.

Not great news for the school, but great news for us waitlisters! Keep positive everyone! :)

Guest Matt66GT

no problem folks.....

I just happened to be in TB for work this week and decided to drop off my registration & deposit in person since I knew I'd be here.

I think someone already mentioned the two days after the deadline is when the list should move so those nearer the top should find out soon what's going on.

sit tight - good things come to those who wait no? :rollin

Guest Anna

Hi All,

Just to give everyone an update...the wait list is at least up to position 8 BECAUSE......I AM IN! WOO HOO

I am assigned to the Thunder Bay Campus! See you all in the fall!

Cheers,

Anna :D

Guest krismd

Congrats Anna! That's Super exciting!!!!

Did you find out through email or phone? Just in case...at most I'm 10 spots away now!

Guest Anna

Hi Krismd!

Thank you...I am super excited! I found out by phone first and then e-mail at 4pm today.

God bless to you!

Cheers,

Anna :D

Guest Kidha

Hey Congradulations People!

Nice to see the list start to move and even better that more people have turned down NOSM this year. Well better for those waitlisted that wanna go there. Once again Congrads!!!!!

Guest sandy apple

As of 12pm today I"M IN!!!! :rollin How long have I been waiting to say that!!!:rollin

*I spoke to NOSM today and 14 offers went out. Good luck to those still waiting!!!

*2nd round offers must be answered by June 7th!

Guest NurseNathalie

Anna, sandy.. congrats!!!! ;)

I just wanted to add a quick comment about the acceptance process...

Matt described it really well.. but I wanted to add that when I got both my offers (Mac and NOSM) - there were two separate documents in my Mac package. Apart from the cover letter saying I was selected, there were the standard formal forms that had to be sent to OMSAS AND another form that went to the school itself (basically asked if we were accepting or declining the offer)... I think that's perhaps why their list started moving a little faster? since they knew approximately how many seats were still open?

if some of you at NOSM are on the admissions committee, you may want to consider this option to them- would save them time in filling the class sooner! but we should also expect some movement right up until late summer!

Guest krismd

Hey All,

Just another update. I spoke to someone at NOSM today and, as was already mentioned, they offered 14 new spots and made it up to #16 on the waitlist.

Looking good! :D

Guest Kidha

Hey are those 14 spots filled now? Were those 14 spots left over from round one? I might call them tomorrow to see what I can find out as well. I'll post it.

Guest krismd

Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know that I was accepted to both Ottawa and NOSM (west campus) yesterday but have decided to go to Ottawa. So that leaves another spot for you guys!!! I was #18 on the list, so best of luck to all of you who are still waiting!

Keep positive and best of luck!!

Kris

Archived