Premed 101 Forums

any advice for NOSM class of 2010

Guest MacPT

Guest MacPT

i was wondering if any NOSM class of 2009 students have advice for the incoming class.

so far I have noted:

*brush up on your biochemistry

*talk to MD Managment about $$

does anyone have any NOSM specific or generic advice for us newbies?

Thanks

Guest Icarus07

MacPT

Hey. I guess my suggestions would depend a lot on who you are and what your backgroud is. I would't necessarily reccommend that everyone brush up on their biochemistry. Some people would probably benefit from reviewing cell biology and others general chemistry.

If you, or anyone else who's been accepted, want to ask a current student questions about the school, cities, preparation, or just chat then feel free to send me a direct message and I'd be happy to talk about it with you some time. I'm sure some of the other current students who still check this board would be more than willing to do the same. I guess the same applies for anyone who has more than one acceptance and wants help making a decision and would like to talk to someone in person.

Guest bad boy buddhist

flipping through a biochemistry or anatomy book over the summer will probably make your first month or two less stressful and i recommend it, but if you can't it's nothing to worry about. i was working 24/7 at a summer camp and textbooks were the last thing on my mind. yes the learning curve can be steep but you will manage, so whatever amount of reading you decide to do make sure you enjoy your well-deserved summer.

Archived