Premed 101 Forums

suds housing

Guest bad boy buddhist

Guest bad boy buddhist

hey hey

i'm heading to noms east campus in the fall and was wondering if anyone else from the east side wanted to shack up. i'm heading up to the suds to check out places early next week and 2-peep apartments tend to be much more affordable than 1-peep apartments. give me a heads up if interested. male, female, it's all one to me. also, i'm messy, but i can change.

i'm male, early twenties, from the sault, recent mcmaster grad, track athlete, and i know the lines from every single episode of the simpsons, seinfeld and family guy if that helps.

cheers.

- bbb.

Guest KerriD

Hey BBB,

you're from the soo? I'm from the Soo too. Would be curious knowing a bit about you. Send me an email if you have a chance and your real name.

Thanks,

Kerri

Guest bad boy buddhist

hey KD

sorry i'm not so great with computers; where do i find your email address?

nice to see i won't be the only bondar-loving, tent-loitering, station-mall-rat, hiawatha junkie at nosm.

cheers.

- bbb.

Guest KerriD

lol. just send it to kerrid@premed101

we all have an email with this eazy-board, you do as well. You just click on the person's name on the left of their posting and it gives you an option to send them a message. =)

K

Guest waterbottle2

hey,

I am also looking at two bedroom apartments in Sudbury. I am going to be looking in Sudbury this Wednesday on till I find something. A roomate from the Sault would be great. My dad grew up in Sault Ste Marie.

Let me know through this board if you are still looking!!!

ttyl

Guest waterbottle2

Hello again,

Do I know you? I just graduated from grad studies at Mac three days ago and did an undergrad at Mac in Kinesiology. I was on the McMaster TRack and field and cross-country team? Were you on the middle distance track team or under George?

ttyl

Guest bad boy buddhist

hey wb

i wish i had been more vigilant checking this puppy. such as it is i just got back from the suds and i've already found a 1-bedroom apartment downtown. it's amazingly nice and at least it wasn't too expensive. only thing is i can't move in until september first so the logistics might get a little dicey. i hope your search is going (or has gone) well.

i also checked out campus and met some really great people at the athrec facility and at the med school. the two are right next to each other so that's good news. i'm not sure if everyone knows this already but i did some hunting around and the med students get full access to the athrec facility included in our tuition just like the full-time undergrads. plus there are trails out the wazoo and rumours of a beach on campus.

all in all i found sudbury to be a little sketch in terms of aesthetics (aside from the laurentian campus), but every single person i met was incredibly friendly and dying to help out. if they find out you're one of the new med students they can't smother you with love fast enough. ah, northern hospitality.

can't wait to move up to the suds and get started!

cheers,

- bbb.

...oh yeah, wb i never ran competitively for mac; just commmunity and charity runs and training on my own. if you're still in hamilton you can find me daily on the hamilton-jerseyville rail trail, or drop me a line and we'll go jogging together ...or is it yogging...the 'j' might be soft. : )

Guest waterbottle2

Hey BBB,

Will be back in Hamilton this Tuesday for a week. We should get together for a run. Name a place and time and I will try to make it.

ttyl

• 8 months later...
Guest Sudcyclist

If anyone is interested in finding out more about housing in Sudbury, I hear that Liz Spooner-Young, at ReMax Crown Realty can help you out. She is very familiar with the city and if you are looking for a house to buy (rather than rent) during med school, give her a call. She's great! Her number is (705)691-2069.

Guest KerriD

This is an old thread from last year and I'm not sure how it got posted back up? I've hardly been on the forum this year. FYI. If anyone ends up looking for housing though, I'm guessing the lady at ReMax might be an option as mentioned in this old posting.

KD

Guest Sudcyclist

I'm not sure how this got in the old postings either as it should be current as of yesterday. Liz Spooner-Young is at ReMax Crown and willing to help anyone moving to Sudbury with finding a home to purchase during their stay at NOSM. She can be reached at 705.691.3208 or 705.5247288 or her email is liz@vianet.ca. She is very knowledgeable of the city and a great help!

Archived