Premed 101 Forums

BCSAP student loan assessment

Guest Novoulmi

Guest Novoulmi

Hey guys,

I received my student loan assessment on Friday, which was very quick considering I sent it off late in the week before. I have been granted maximum funding for the study period which is good; however, it contradicts the financial planning manual sent out by UBC. The manual says that the study period is 41 weeks and max funding is $11,275, whereas the assessment says that the study period is 39 weeks and max funding is $10,725. The start and end dates on the assessment coincide with the UBC plan and the time span Aug 30 to Jun 10 is 41 weeks (I pulled out a calender and counted).

My question is to all,

Has anyone else received their assessment and if so have you been granted 39 or 41 weeks of funding?

I am trying to contact someone at the Ministry but they have an awful telephone diversion system which makes it difficult to get in touch with anybody. I'll keep you posted on what I find out.

Cheers,

Novo

Guest Pashmina

Hey Novulumi,

I actually met with Rosemarry (the financial officer) a while a go and she noticed the same contradiction after looking at my assessment. She said she'd contact the ministry and find out if it was an error on their part. Since she hasn't got back to me yet (this was before the financial info session) I'm assuming it's an error on UBC's part -- otherwise I'm sure she would've sent out an email to us.

So, don't worry, it's not just you.

Take care,

Pashmina

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kels2004

Hi guys - just a quick question... are these maxed out figures of $10 725 for BC and Canadian student loans together or just the provincial part of the loan?

Archived