Premed 101 Forums

Rumor has it....

Guest MedRxGuy

Guest Ladybug08

Congratulations to everyone who had received a positive response this week!!:D Well done!! To those of you who didn't, chin up and keep trying-you'll get there. I am still waiting to hear myself, and I'm wondering what is taking soooo long:\ . If you received an acceptance, was it registered? Is this something you have to sign for? Just curious!! Patiently waiting.....

Ladybug

Guest climberchick

Sorry to hear about the bad news walkorbike, I was rooting for you :) I'm sorry to pry, but it's really weird that MUN didn't accept you, especially if you had the marks to interview at Queen's. They don't know what they are missing out on. Hope you get good news from somewhere!!!!

~climber.

P.S. of all the people I know attending MUN, I don't think any of them got in on their first try, I think maybe MUN may have a preference for repeat applicants. Just a thought :b

Guest walkorbike

Hi, climber,

Thanks very much, I appreciate it! I applied to Queen's etc. as an aboriginal applicant and there was some flexibility there with marks, that is to say if I met the in-province minimums my application would go on to be considered by an aboriginal admissions panel. So alas I am not a 4.0.

With so few seats at Memorial and so many fantastic candidates the numbers favour repeat applicants, I would think. I am sure we both know awesome people who got in on their second try.

Anyway, I am going on and on. All the best with MCAT 2004 and application 2005!

-walkorbike

Archived