Premed 101 Forums

OOP Interview- Specific OOP questions?

Guest MDSMelissa

Guest MDSMelissa

Hello,

I was wondering if the ad com will ask any questions specific to OOP students. I guess I am thinking of things along the lines of, why would you move here from Province X? But if anyone knows any type of question that maybe asked to OOP but not NF applicants, please share...:)

Also, if you have any tips about how to best approach those questions.

Thanks,

Melissa

Guest Douje Dog

Melissa, I obviously can't be 100% sure if they will/will not ask you why you would want to move here from Province X, but I'd say that it's a safe bet that they will ask you something along those lines; ie. Why Memorial?

Answering a question like this, you'll need to know some of the fortes/pros of Memorial, as well as of Newfoundland and St. John's. Do a bit of research on the school, which areas they excel in, and why that draws you to Memorial. Do a bit of research on our province, and what about the province/city appeals to you, and would make you want to move here. In my humble opinion, I think if you know these factualities, simply state them and how they would work for you, and make you want to live and go to school here, then that will be the best answer you can give.

All the Best!!!

Guest nextstopmd

Hi!

I can't say that I remember Memorial asking anything specific, but I can say that just about anywhere you go to interview, the interviewers will ask why you're specifically interested in going there. Many times the admissions committee has to be convinced that you seriously want to attend their school. I think they'd rather try to accept people that are genuinely interested in their school more than other schools, but who knows?

It's up to you to decide on your reasons for wanting to attend school X, so I guess I don't really know of any specific tips to help you out. I think being honest about your reasons for applying anywhere will come across during your interview rather than making up some story!

Archived