Premed 101 Forums

letters have been sent!

Guest surfette

Guest surfette

Just got the mail. I'm in! Just to let others know, registered mail is good news. I'm a maritime resident who was waitlisted last year.

I got in too!!! I am a NB applicant

I was on the wait-list last year...the letter arrived at my parent's place in SJ...I am in BC!!! talked to my sister, and we were both crying on the phone :-)

Best of luck everyone!!!

Guest festering turtle

Congratulations!

Just wondering, does anyone know if acceptance and rejection letters are sent at the same time? I'm still waiting.........

Guest tartanboy1

Hey there,

For those of you applying from out of province, I don't think all the letters could possibly be out yet! I'm from Ontario and I haven't heard anything yet. I also remember that when I was choosing my interview date, I could have chosen yesterday (Friday March 14th) as one of the dates. So, I'm sure there is still hope for anyone who hasn't heard yet! Good luck to everyone. I know I'm really hoping to go to Memorial.

Guest festering turtle

I'm in the same boat. I spoke with admissions today and they said that not all of the New Brunswick letters have been sent out yet but that they will be sent by Friday.

Guest novacanuck

Bentley,

I just had my interview on Friday the 14th and then they had a storm that day. I'm from NS and I'm sure that I wouldn't have heard yet. There were even those there that day who were from NF but were living elsewhere at the time. So, it seems that all the letters won't be out for at least a little while yet.

Ben

Guest bentley50

have any OOP applicants who are not PEI or New Brunswick residents found out yet?...i haven't heard anything and the wait is killin me...any news on when we'll here?

Guest sneakydog

hey Bentley,

MUNMed has a website of important dates

www.med.mun.ca/admissions...tdates.asp

and this site lists all April as times for oop offers to be sent out. so don't get too spooked yet as you have a few more weeks to wait for a reply from MUNMed. people might want to note that MUNMed has moved their application deadline for next year a month earlier to Oct. 15.

SD

Guest stevetilley

Congrats to all OOP applicants who got in, and good luck to everyone else on admission to other schools. Also, remember that many Memorial applicants are successful on their 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc try.... so don't lose hope!! ;)

If anyone would like to share their stats it might be helpful to the rest of us who havent heard anything yet!

Cheers,

Steve

Guest iamsmilingbear

Tappety tap, bearman

Which province are you guys from? Which OOP pool are you guys in? Because I know there are 4 pools: New Brunswick, PEI, Non-Canadian and other Canadian provinces! I know they have a quota for each pool of applicants, so I was wondering which pool you are in!

As sneakydog has pointed out, shouldn't OOP applicants expect the letter in April? (By the way, I'm in the last pool....)

Guest snoopychan

Could I get a clarification on these "rejection" letters? Are they letters indicating that you are not invited to an interview? Or are they rejection letters after you have already had an interview.

Thanks. I had an interview on March 15th and am waiting anxiously in Ottawa.

Guest novacanuck

Hey all,

I still haven't heard from MUN yet and I'm from Nova Scotia. I had my interview on March 14th... Hopefully I'll hear soon.

Ben:\

Guest taos77

What I had suspected all along....rejected yesterday without an interview:( I'm from Ontario so I guess I was the 'all other provinces' category. Just wondering....I heard a rumour that they take more US students than OOP's from Canada?!? Is this true? And if it is....why?

i think they take around 5 US applicants...as for OOP I think around 3-4...but if you count NB and PEI residents as OOP as well, than you are up to around 15 OOP (that is pretty high for a school with only 60 spots)..

i think the break down is 40-42 Nfld, 10NB, 2 PEI, 5US, and remaining other OOP

I think the reason is money...US students pay $30,000 a year, whereas canadians pay ~$6700 a year...

this is my opinion only...maybe a moderator can comment

cheers

Archived