Premed 101 Forums

MUN curriculum

Guest cassica

Guest cassica

Hi guys, does anyone know what schedules are like for first year students. ie: how many hours of lectures they have to sit through a week, whether they get patient interaction, exams, electives? And, how much time they get off in the summer. I know MUN is primarily lecture based and am trying to compare this with Dal's COPS program. Thanks! ;)

if you go to the mun med school website, and click on "for students", then 2002-2003 timetables you can actually see what each week is like...

as for time off, I heard that the school year runs until the end of June, but I am not a student there yet! hopefully I moderator will comment

Cheers

Guest MUNMED2006

Hi,

I'm currently in first year. I typical day at school runs from 9am until approximately 3pm, give or take two hours on some days. Many days are a mix of lectures, tutorials, POPS sessions and labs. Wednesday mornings (9am - 12pm) are strictly reserved for clinical skills sessions. These sessions deal with interview practice with standardized patients as well as learning to use equipment and the beginning of basic physical examination. NBer, you are correct. Our year lasts until the end of June, the 27th to be exact. However, it's not as bad as it sounds. At the moment, we have our spring break and we just had a two week rural visit which allows us to experience the work that a rural physician does. So, the terms have been broken up well. Hope that helps.:D

Archived