Premed 101 Forums

Interview Calls started

Guest NBer

just wanted to let you know that I received a phone call for an interview for mun yesterday (I wasn't home, called them this morning). My interview is set for Jan 31st, I am a NB resident. I think the way it worked last year was that they interviewed US applicants, OOP applicants, NB residents, and PEI residents first. Last year my interview was Feb 2nd, and it was the first interview day (based on where your last name was in the alphabet)...so I think maybe this is the first interview day as well....

Hope everyone hears good news! See you in Nfld!

Cheers

they try to...

I heard I was on the waiting list in early march last year, and people (OOP) were notified at the end of feb/early march...I think Nfld applicants find out later, but they try to get the other ones out as soon as possible...

cheers

Guest supremetaco

hey nber,

I also received my call from MUN for an interview on Jan 31st at 11:00. Do they interview all NBers on the same day?? That's pretty bizarre. Anyway, where did you do your undergrad. I went to Dalhousie and graduated last May. I'm also from Miramichi. Where in NB are you from?

later

hey supremetaco

i am from saint john, but am living in BC at the moment. (just finished my M.Sc.). I had an interview last year, and was on the waiting list. I think they try and interview all us applicants, out of province and NB, and PEI residents within the first two weeks (i.e 2 fridays). Last year I think all US, and PEI residents were interviewed on the first friday along with some NBers based on where they are in the alphabet and the remaining NBers on the 2nd friday...looks like they are doing the same this year...

good luck, and I'll see you in NFld...trying to book my flight, but pretty pricey...tried to use my dad's airmiles, but they need a letter sent from him (and he works overseas) so it looks like I will be forking out close to $1000 to air canada...gotta love our travelling system!

see you in Nfld

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
Guest exhumedcorpse33

NBer,

I'm an out of province applicant. So you're saying that if I haven't received a call for an interview by now I'm out of luck? Which are the 2 weeks Memorial slates to interview out of province applicants?

Cheers

hey exhumedcorpse33

I don't think you are out of luck...it looks like they are doing things a bit differently this year. When I was there on friday it was mostly all NB residents, and one or two americans...I think the out of province are being scheduled for another time, but I have no idea when...

Sorry to confuse you...last year most of the OOP, NB, PEI, US applicants were interviewed the first 2 weeks, but it didn't look the same this year

Cheers

Archived