Premed 101 Forums

To all those taking the August 17th MCAT :)

Guest Richardo Xavier

Guest Richardo Xavier

I'll be with you all too!

Got 7 chapters of organic chem to finish and 4 practice tests to take still :)

Study hard!

Your MCAT buddy from the U.S.,

Richie

Guest Kirsteen

Welcome Richard!

Is there any other method (other than hard) of studying at this point, with 2.5 measly weeks to go!

In which US location will you be writing, and which school do you currently attend?

Best of luck,

Kirsteen

Guest therealcrackers

A suggestion, from someone who wrote the damn thing 3 times (although the last was because my scores expired while I was at grad school :) )

Try not to do more than 1 complete practice exam every week, especially the last week. You will tire yourself out, and you won't have a chance to see how much you have improved and incorporated from your studying between practice tests. Doing a single section (like PS or essays) more frequently probably won't hurt you.

Good luck! Maybe I'll see some of you at Western in the not too distant future...

Guest Richardo Xavier

Kirsteen,

I am taking it at McKinnon Center, at NC State. That's Raleigh, NC. :) As for studying hard, I'm going to pace myself as I know this test isn't about information dumping, but rather logical reasoning. Tomorrow I take my first practice MCAT ( think I'll take test IV to start ) and then work through a couple in a week. I'll identify my weaknesses a bit more and make sure I clear up any errant reasoning.

I'd really like to goto The Brody School of Medicine ( East Carolina University ) or UNC-Chapel Hill but I am going to have to make a 30 on it to be competitive. I am a computer science major with minors in Chemistry and Philosophy. As a result my biology score was horrible ( a 6 ) because I hadn't had the core courses I needed. That was 3 years ago. :)

Anyway, best of luck to you all! and I'll be checking this board frequently to get my encouragement from my partners in suffering ;)

-Richie Truxillo

ddrsig.jpg

Guest Richardo Xavier

Oh yeah forgot to mention I'm a graduate of UNC-Wilmington, Class of 2001. Sorry Kirsteen, I'm a lil brain fried from studying MCAT stuff and working full-time simultaneously hehe :P

Archived