Premed 101 Forums

MCAT

Guest MCAT

Guest UofCMeds2005

For ontario you have to submit both...

For instance, if you wrote the April '02 or August '01 Mcat you would enter those scores. Then it asks if you took the August '02 MCAT and you click on yes. When your scores are sent to OMSAS from AMCAS they only send the universities your newest set of scores.

Guest therealcrackers

all of your scores are SUBMITTED. However, the scores they will use to judge your application are your MOST RECENT.

Hope that helps.

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

Practical example- if you had a 10 in VR the first time you wrote, but got an 8 from the August 2002 sitting, then you'd be out of luck for school's requiring a VR score of at least 10. The schools use your most recent score to evaluate your app, so study hard! :)

Best of luck!

Tim

Guest ManitobaMed

Actually, not all schools in Canada will use your most recent score. While you must submit *all* of your MCAT results, Manitoba and Saskatchewan will use your highest set of scores from a single sitting. I'm not sure what the other western schools do.

Also, I was just reading through the Queen's section of the OMSAS booklet for this year, and it states that you can have earlier results considered if you have them submitted directly to Queen's (OMSAS provides only your most recent to the schools). The quote is: "If previous scores are to be considered, candidates must arrange to have the previous official scores submitted directly to Queen's from the MCAT Program Office by 1 February."

Guest clever

why don't you just go look at the mcat site YOURSELF to see how things have changed?

you know, it's okay to think or research for yourself once in a while... ;)

Guest aneliz

Okay everybody,

MCAT: Yes the MCAT is changing effective April 03. I do not know exactly how it is changing but I bet that the AAMC website would tell you - probably in excruciating detail. You can find a link to their site at the top of the 'MCAT forum.' Clever is right, we all must take some responsibilty for doing our own research. Remember, any answer that you get off of this board is what another poster has written - IT IS NOT OFFICIAL INFORMATION and you should not treat it as gospel truth. Always go right to the horses mouth - it will save you a lot of pain in the end! :)

As far as I understand it, you must disclose all of the MCAT scores that you have 'released' to all of the med schools that you apply to. How the med schools treat these multiple sets of scores is dependent on the school itself - they all do it differently. Some use your best score and some will use your most recent scores. Check with the schools that you are interested in. I think it really depends on the school how multiple sets of scores are used. However, I don't think that any of them will let you 'mix and match' between test dates.

For example: if you in Aug 01 you got

VR 8, PS 15, BS 9, R

and in Aug 02 you re-wrote and got

VR 10, PS 12, BS 10, Q

you would use one set of scores or the other. You couldn't use the VR and BS scores from 02 and also use the PS and WS score from 01. The med school would use either your Aug 01 OR your Aug 02 scores, not a mixture of both.

Guest kosmo14

The MCAT will be having 5 less verbal questions, and some of the Organic chem questions will be replaced by genetics or DNA questions.

Although I agree with those that say you should research info. yourself, I don't agree that someone should be attacked for asking a question, afterall much of this board is dedicated to looking for answers in the application process.

University of Saskatchewan accepts the best scores from any one sitting.

I agree. I think researching on your own is definately required but don't attack the person for posting a question here.

THATS THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS PAGE.

Relax. :D

Guest MDPlease

Hi everyone!

I am a little confused about which scores you have to submit to the schools. I know you have to enter both the previous and the most recent (Aug 02) MCAT scores in the OMSAS application, but when I wrote Aug 01 MCAT I didn't submit the scores anywhere. I am rewriting it this year and will ask to submit to the Ontario schools. My question is when I ask to submit them this year, will they automaticaly release last year's ones as well, or do I have to specifically ask for this? Do I even need to ask for the release for last year's scores?

Thanks a lot

Good luck with the studying!!!!

Guest MD2006

For Dalhousie, you only need to submit one set of scores, and you choose which one, it doesn't have to be the most recent (in case you were wondering about other non-OMSAS schools).

Archived