Premed 101 Forums

Results on web

Guest Sumi23

Hey guys!

Just letting you know that the mcat results are available on the web, if you have filled out an amcas application. If you have then just go to print application and you will see the results under the tests section. Good luck!

Guest brandonite

I applied down south, mostly just out of curiousity. Anyway, sure enough, the scores are up there!

I thought I got about the same as last time, but I did waaay better than I ever dreamed! I went from a 32 P to a 38 Q! I think I'm still in shock!!!

Best luck to everyone else!

Guest brandonite

Well, I didn't actually study the first time around. I just wrote it once to get a feel for the whole experience.

Anyway, I was going back and forth about rewriting, but, basically, I wanted to see what I could do if I really put my mind to it.

And, I'm sorta looking to apply out of province (I'm from Manitoba), and wanted any piece of help I could get!

Guest Kirsteen

Right on brandonite! My god, very, very wicked score there. Prime time to celebrate.

As to the AAMC and retrieving your MCAT scores via their system, you have to have two things in place in order to do so:

a) You have to have established a 2001, web-based application with them earlier this year (as mentioned above).

B) You have to have asked that your scores be released to AAMC during the writing of the August MCAT.

I had the former, but not the latter, unfortunately!

Good luck to the rest of you, who still sit devoid of scores, and may they all come back brandonite-like.

Kirsteen

Well I didn't actually end up applying to american schools but I had started up my application just with my personal information. I just thought I would go check if they had put up my marks and they did and I didn't even pay them or anything. So I imagine all you have to do is start up an application at http://www.aamc.org and then go to amcas.

Guest Kirsteen

Hey Sumi23,

When you wrote the MCAT (if you wrote it this August) did you request, at exam time, to have your scores released to the AAMC application?

In the case that you didn't, I'm currently logging in to my application to re-attempt a look at my scores!

Cheers for the heads-up,

Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hey Sumi23,

I stand corrected. Thanks for the tip. I just went through and completed a little more of my AMCAS application and managed to retrieve my August 2001 scores by indicating that I'd written the August 2001 MCAT and selecting the "Print Application" box and looking at the print preview. Great tip! Thanks for setting my mind at ease.

Thanks,

Kirsteen

Guest brandonite

It seems a little shocking just sitting down there, doesn't it? Somehow, it doesn't seem as real as it does when you get the envelope in the mail!

I hope you had a pleasant surprise, anyway!

So I just filled out an AMCAS application hoping it'd post my MCAT results, but there's nothing. Does it take a few days to show up?

I just want to get the bad news over with!

they should be there

i just started an application an hour ago and only filled in the personal information area.

maybe make sure that your address and other info is identical to what you put on your mcat registration form

Maybe I didn't release my scores to the AMCAS?

Anyway, I have a midterm on Monday and have to forget about the stupid MCAT for this entire weekend.

I hope everyone else released their scores!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Regarding digging the scores out via AMCAS, I think you need to input your personal info, and also, you may need to indicate that you've taken the August 2001 MCAT (there's a button that you check to flag this). Then you simply move to print your application out as is and the print preview will contain your MCAT marks. Very bizarre!

I wonder if there are ever any discontinuities between the marks in the mail and those pulled through electronically?!!

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Damn! I just spent a while trying to get my scores on the internet, but it just doesn't seem to be working :(

I tried to find a place to designate that I wrote the Aug 2001 MCAT, but from what the help menu said I guess it's under the certification and submit menu (I think that's what it's called), but I couldn't get to it.

Kirsteen: I was also wondering that... considering all the problems people have been having with AMCAS... who knows? I would assume they're correct, but I guess it's just as well that I have to wait for my scores. I hope you got good news :)

I just tried creating an AMCAS application to see if it would work, like jazz suggested. All I had to do was enter in my name, address, and SIN, go through the stupid tour, and after pressing Print Application, my scores were indeed found in the preview. I didn't have to indicate anywhere that I wrote the MCAT, let alone the August 2001 MCAT. And yes, they did match what I got in the mail yesterday. Best of luck!

Guest drdolittle2002

Did exactly what jazz suggested .. you don't have to enter much , just the first few screens of BIO ...

really happy .. 34S ...

good luck to all !!!!

I did all that! What's wrong with me? :(

BTW, I don't think this is the problem (because I have been able to enter info), but is the application website all messed up for you guys too? The side bar saying the menus and stuff if okay, but where you enter the info is really screwed up - it's all repeated on top of itself, but I can still make out the boxes and stuff....

I'm going to try again...........

Now this is just pissing me off! :)

The website is seriously messed up on my computer... I guess I'll try on a friend's computer later today...

You guys are so lucky... :) I tried doing what you said... I wonder if the address needs to be exact too... I wrote down my residence address when I took the test (but there are a few ways I can write it and I can't remember exactly how I wrote it on the test form). Oh well, I'll try my parents' address that I registered with and as many combinations of my res address as I can think of when I use my friend's computer.

I'll just go insane trying to get it to work :rollin

Thanks for the help :)

Well, I'm using my friend's computer and the website looks fine now... but I've tried a million different things and my scores still won't show up on the print sreen page. I guess I'll just wait for my scores in the mail... I give up. Hopefully they'll come on Monday...

Archived