Premed 101 Forums

Results on web

Guest Sumi23

This is great - I thought that I was going to die waiting for Monday's mail.

I created an AMCAS app with the absolute minimum info that you have to provide to create an account and my score was there.

I still can't believe it - 39S - I guess I don't have to worry about a re-write!

What a relief... Now back to studying for pharmacology and histology midterms.

WTF is wrong with me? I just can't get the stupid thing to work. Oh well, I'll just wait for my mail to get here.................................................

Congrats on the AWESOME score aneliz!! That's pretty sweet!!!! :)

Could the reason why the MCAT marks aren't showing up on the print-preview application be due to not filling in the SIN boxes on the test papers? The test admin told us that it wasn't compulsory to give our SIN numbers on the test, so we didn't :)

Guest Kirsteen

Good point there fc;

BCgirl, do you remember if you filled in your SIN number?

As to my MCAT news: I was happy. The whole reason I re-wrote the test this year was to bulk up that annoying 9 in VR from last year. I was thrilled to see that I snagged some double digits in VR this year, as well as a bonus, two-spot jump in the WS to an S; in the end I've finally managed to qualify for UWO (if they keep their requirements constant!) so a complete lack of summer 2001 was worth it.

Good luck all,

Kirsteen

Yeah, I filled in my SIN everywhere I was supposed to...

I'll be checking my mail in little over 25 hours... it better be there :)

Congrats Kirsteen! Best of luck with your applications!

Guest Fidelity

Just to let everyone know that SIN is not required. I completed all the necessary fields on the aamc site, and voila! The scores were intact and revealed.

That 13 in VR (with 10's + in the sciences) and S on the writing sample really tips the otherwise unbalanced scale (due to gpa) in my favor.

goodluck to all prospective medical students. The Darwinian concept of 'survival of the fittest' sure paid off. Those relentless hours spent on studying and applying do pay off for those that pursever.

Just tried the AAMC site again...still nothing. If it's not the SIN number, I'm guessing that it may be due to not releasing my scores this year (I'm not applying). Hmm...I'm just trying to rationalize things out now because I do not want to find out that somehow my MCAT scored got screwed up (i.e. it wasn't marked, it was lost, etc. Can you tell that I've been thinking about this too much?) Heehee.

Eep!

In the meantime, I'll try to get friendly with our postman :D

Good luck, everyone!

Well, I released my scores, so I have no idea why I couldn't get my scores online. Hopefully I'll get my scores in an hour when I check my mail :)

Good luck to everyone still waiting and congrats to those who met their goals! :)

Guest Fidelity

I know, that's what I exclaimed EB! Considering my first 2 years of university was spent exploring the leisure side of my life, this was much needed.

It is possible, anyone can achieve it. The logic on VR is counter-intiative and there is a certain tone one has to look for. That is, you are studying solely to learn the way they think. External sources will improve your critical thinking, but focus on doing passages, circle questions you have gotten wrong and go back and see where YOUR logic has failed.

I truly believe there is no right or wrong. But there is a relative truth that belongs to them.

good luck everyone

Well, I didn't get my scores still! A girl in my biochem class got hers today in Sackville, a town outside of Halifax... People in Halifax should have gotten theirs a day before her. I guess it's beause I live in residence... stupid university mailroom!! :)

I hope they come tomorrow!!!!!! :)

I got my results today (Edmonton): VR 10, PS 12, BS 12, Q

By the way, it says on my sheet that I *did* release to the AMCAS, but my marks never showed up on the 'net. So I'm guessing alot of you out there with the same problem just fell through the cracks like I must have.

Anyways, I think my scores are good enough that I won't rewrite... Needless to say, I am one happy girl right now!

EB

I got mine back, I got mine back, I got mine back!!!! And I don't have to waste another summer taking it! Yay!! I'm so happy! :)

And just like EB, it says I released mine, but the scores didn't show up on the web. Oh well, who cares now???

Archived