Premed 101 Forums

this just in.....

Guest mcatter

Guest mcatter

results should be here tomorrow or the next day....they've already been mailed out, and are travelling via first class mail.......many place in the u.s have already gotten theirs....forsure...i went to another msg board and they were providing there scores......one or two more days guys/gals....hang in there...

good luck to all.

This waiting sucks! I was reading the posts on SDN about people getting their scores and it keeps making me more impatient... I hope it doesn't take too long to get to the east coast.... Good luck guys!!!!

:rollin

Guest brandonite

I haven't checked out the Princeton site, but I agree with you about SDN... Even though the volume is a bit heavy, most people tend to know what they're talking about, and they seem to be nice people.

It's been interesting to see lately all the people getting acceptances down South! We're just finishing with applications here!!

Guest Kirsteen

Geez, what cave have I been painting for the past year?

Thanks for the heads-up, guys. I had a quick look at the SDN site (trying not to get too diverted from the lecture notes) and it seems very extensive. I'll have to check it out more fully, later.

Anyone get any good stuff in the mail today? I did, but nothing from AMCAS. (By the way, the envelope is difficult to miss--it's got "MCAT" in big letters on the top, left-hand corner in bright blue (going by last year's look).)

Cheers again, and good luck,

Kirsteen

Guest mcatter

has anyone in canada got their results?..ive read that places in ontario have...but then i also read that no one in Canada has recieved yet...so im not too sure...

Guest anxious

do u mean each section????

What are u looking for, the aamc does not release the actual curve/scale. Or are u looking for the average scores on each section????well, w/out knowing the exact numbers, i can tell u all three sections are around 8 (give a take a few tenths)...usually the 2 sciences are about 8.2, and the vr is about 7.9.....ppl have to understand that when u get an 8 out of the 15, you have a higher marked score than 50% of the other people....thus, every year 50% fail, 50% dont (roughly).....thats all the info. ive been told, i may be wrong.....moderator, can u correct me if im wrong, or add any other info?

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Actually, if I recall correctly from the contents of the MCAT envelope last year, the AAMC does provide a bar graph showing how everyone did relative to one another, along with your percentile ranking. However, this data may be a little skewed given that (last year) they combined the April and August writings into the one set of graphs.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest mcatter

that most of canada should revieve there scores tomorrow, and if not, forsrue tomorrow....so just before everyone gets there....i want to wish everyone the best of luck. This has been the one of the hardest weeks of my life.....how can one feel when their life's aspiration is waiting on one mailman...to drop off one envelope????

good luck...

Guest Kirsteen

Hey mcatter,

This MCAT wait pales in comparison to the nerve-burning weeks going to the postbox during interview and acceptance mailings. View this as good preparation!

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Hey Kirsteen,

I read on the PR board that someone in Sudbury got their scores today... Maybe you'll get them in Toronto today too!

Good luck!

I should be getting my mail soon today......

Guest Kirsteen

I won't be finding out until ~6:30 EST tonight if the mailman (and the AAMC) were good to me or not. Fingies, eyes, toes, legs... crossed.

Kirsteen

Guest brandonite

No scores in Manitoba yet... But there was an anthrax scare at the main sorting place in Winnipeg for mail, so almost no mail made it out.

Hopefully tomorrow... :-)

Guest mcatter

did u get your results???

I read that the aamc actually mailed a batch of mcat's out today....the last ones.....did anyone else read this...is this true????

when i emailed the ppl....i was told that they had ALREADY sent them results out, i hope they did not lie to me....

Archived