Premed 101 Forums

Place of Acceptance

Guest soapyslicer

Guest pokadot42

I was accepted for Victoria, my 2nd choice, and waitlisted for PG, my first. I'm confused since I actually thought Vic would be wayyyy more popular than PG. Anyone agree ?? I totally didn't expect the Island program and would still prefer the northern program, but am very very VERY happy either way!!

Anyone have any explanation for this ?

Guest Jazz

I am at Fraser-Vancouver, which is my first choice. Did anyone find it somewhat alarming that the letter implied the two other sites might not be able to open and that all 200 of us could be crammed at UBC?

Guest Jazz

Letter just said if for any reason, UBC is unable to open either of the sites, the students will continue their education at UBC. Seems like things are not totally set yet.

Guest soapyslicer

PG 1st choice

Hi Kinase0 apparently we will be seeing alot of each other over the next 4 years.

I can tell you guys what I heard about the buildings. The only building I have been told will likely NOT be ready is the new life sciences building in Vancouver. Departments who teach have been asked to confirm with the Faculty what exactly the back up plan is for teaching facilities. As it stands now if the building is not finished we will be having our lectures in Angus or in the Detwiller building. I know that we will not fit in either IRC 6 or in Anatomy Lec hall. Gross anatomy will continue on as planned in the Freidman building until Jan as planned(they have two large gross labs).

If the new building is not ready it also means we take our histo online. Should be interesting. Anyone else feet hit the ground yet? I know mine haven't!

soapy

Guest not rex morgan

Don't stress too much about histo being online. Quite frankly, that's how I did the majority of my studying, and as Soapy knows, that was all last minute. You get examined via video, ie, the images are videotaped along with the questions and you get something like a minute to answer each question. Even if you do have regular histo lab, it's good exam prep to get used to looking at images on a screen. Congrats to all that got in. You undoubtedly deserve it. To those who didn't get in, you likely deserve it too. Take advantage of your time off, do something amasing to use the time handed to you, and come back with a vengence next year.

Guest thetigerman

Very excited to see the acceptance letter for PG(1st choice). Except for my gender, my profile is very similar to Soapy's( I also don't make soap). I look forward to meeting you all in August. I have the distinct feeling we will learn a large amount about each other over the next 4 years. I can't wait!

Guest northpole

Hi there,

I got accepted to PG, although my first choice was Vancouver. I'm really warming up to the idea of studying at UNBC though! I'm looking forward to meeting my other 23 classmates!

See you in August. :D

Guest physiology

Hello,

Vancouver was my first choice and I got it. However, I remember immediately after my interview I was very interested in the PG site. I ranked that first and then submitted it to the lady who registered us before the interview.

Then, I had second thoughts, turned around, and grabbed the form back and changed my first choice to Van. PG ended up being my last choice.

Although, all three sites would have been awesome.

Guest deamd

i got accepted to the IMP - my first choice, and I am psyched!

I have not, however, seen many on this forum also accepted to the IMP..HMMMM..

Am not sure, as of yet, whether I will be there, as it does depend on other schools here in Ontario..Although we always said UBC was our first choice, when it comes down to actually contemplating moving etc, it is a bit daunting!!!

Well, hope to see you all IMP-ers in August (and everyone else, of course)

deamd:b

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SonoftheSon

Hi ya all,

I too have been accepted to NMP (first choice) and am extremely proud to be a part of this historic event. My wife and I are currently in Calgary but plan to make the move to PG at the end of July (our house just sold today).

I can't wait to meet you keeners and am looking forward to some new life-long friendships. After haven been through the selection process, I'm not at all cautious to say this, as I know that you must all be some pretty outstanding and compatible people to have been accepted!

Congratulations to you all!

Cheers,

The Son

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there The Son,

Congratulations on your PG move and acceptance to UBC! :D One quick question: did you apply to UBC as an out-of-province student (given your current location in Calgary)? :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest SonoftheSon

Hi Kristeen,

Thanks for the congrats. As far as your question goes, no, I was not an OOP applicant. I am an interior B.C. boy from way back, and my wife is from PG.

Calgary was just a pit-stop for us; I was attracted to the Kinesiology program at the U of C. Now it's time to head back home and we're lovin it!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi again,

Calgary was just a pit-stop for us; I was attracted to the Kinesiology program at the U of C. Now it's time to head back home and we're lovin it!
Well done, Son! :D

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived