Premed 101 Forums

Thesis completion

Guest Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Did anyone else on the UBC waitlists receive the graduate supervisor letter request e-mail yesterday? If so, how are your theses going? :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Kels2004

Hi Kristeen,

I received the same email. (I hope you move up that list soon, by the way!)

If I remember correctly you are in Epi too? What area are you researching? (I worked on longitudinal assesment of quality of life in intensive care unit survivors). Anyway, hope your thesis is coming along well - I am sure the end must be in sight! Good Luck!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there Kels2004,

Which other schools are in line for you this year? :)

Yep, I'm in Epi. Which school are you at for completion of the Epi graduate degree? My area of research: survival analysis re: a couple of neurosurgical approaches to tackling arteriovenous malformations.

How is your thesis progressing? Thankfully, on this end, the thesis end is in sight! I hope the same applies to you. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Kels2004

Hi Kristeen,

I also applied to UofC and UofA - both rejected without an interview, so imagine my shock and delight when I was accepted at UBC! :eek

I did my MSc in Epi at UofC, but I finished in November - siince then I've been working in Cambridge in coronary heart disease and the effect of various plasma factors. A complete 180, but work is work!

Good luck on wrapping up the thesis to you, and everyone else!

Archived