Premed 101 Forums

When are you guys writing the LMCC?

Guest endingsoon

Guest endingsoon

Since yesterday was the big day to sign up, most of us should know when our big exam comes up. I am writing it very early (May 3rd) and was starting to get a little bit nervous about when I should start studying for the exam. I was thinking about starting this week (maybe about 6-7wks in total) but since I have still have rotations on going I will have to sacrifice some time in between for school.

Whats your study schedule like?

Also wondering if anyone plans on writing the USMLE step 2 ?

Guest UWOMED2005

I'm writing May 2nd. Just want to get this thing over with.

Study schedule? I don't have anything formal. I've been reviewing topics I feel weaker in since November. I'm using this time more to improve areas of weakness rather than because I'm worried about failing the LMCC. . .

In fact, I've had two friends + 1 practicing doc suggest I not study at all. None of them found the last minute studying helped them at all. . . the exam is testing 4 years worth of material, and either we know it or we don't. Whatever we can cram in these last 6 weeks isn't going to be that significant compared to the last 4 years!

Guest RAK2005

At Queen's we have clerkship right up until April 22nd. Knowing me, I'm just going to do some cramming for high yield topics like Psych, CHE and Peds in the 2-3 weeks before I write (May 12).

UWOMEDS - I've heard similar things about not studying too hard for the exam (or at all!). A few residents told me that if you cruised through clerkship, don't even bother. Me, I'm not that cocky... I'm gonna cram a little ;)

RAK2005

Guest k8termd

I am writing May 9th. I would have loved to have gotten an early date but that is the earliest we could write in the Hammer!

I have also heard not to study...That being said-- I am basically going to go to review lectures (because I am desperate for any didactic learning at this point:p ) and just review peds, obs/gyn, psych and community health on my own.

Happy studying!

K

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived