Premed 101 Forums

MCAT Locale

Guest kanayo101

Guest kanayo101

I know I should put this in the MCAT forum, but...

Has anybody written the MCAT at BCIT? I wrote at UBC before but I'm contemplating the closer campus. Is it a nice place to write or...?

Thanks.

Guest Dunes

Hi Kanayo101,

I have written the MCAT at BCIT before and I can say that it was a nice experience. It is not as busy as UBC, not too noisy and I had a small # of people in my class (more relaxed environment). I totally recommend it :)

hope that helps,

Dunes

Guest physiology

My friend told me this horror story of writing the MCAT at UBC.

I think there were ~400 people writing it in Hebb Theatre and it took forever to register everyone.

After hearing that, I registered for BCIT. BCIT was great. The parking lots are closer to the actual writing locale, and the rooms are smaller and have dedicated adjudicators.

Don't be late though. I was :) And she wrote it down on the attendance sheet.

Good luck!

Guest kanayo101

yes, UBC wasn't the best. I wrote last August and there was some rude women yelling and screaming at everyone about picky little things. Even the proctor (karim?) didn't care much for her.

Guest vhung

I've written at both locations and preferred BCIT much more. My only warning is that you dress in layers. I know this sounds silly, but I wrote it during August and there were issues going on with the AC. I was freezing through the first 3 sections of the exam!

Guest sparkle

I agree with the "dress in layers" comment...I too wrote at BCIT last August and it was FREEZING!!!

But in general, it was quite roomy and we each had our own big table...so it was nice!

Guest UBClebronjames

I know what you mean %%WORD3%1! I wrote twice at UBC and both times I had the privilege of having that rude women yelling and screaming at the whole group that was already so nervous for obvious reasons. I can imagine that she can throw people off their mental concentration for the test.

I remember when I wrote a year ago in August it was the first year they started the rule that you couldn't bring in timers that weren't wrist watches. You should have seen the faces of some of these uninformed test-takers that had to face this rude women you literally yelled at their faces and told them to put the timers they brought in the bags near the walls while other students just took timers in without being stopped. The MCAT organizers need to look at weeding out some of these insane proctors/supervisors that seem straight out of some Saved-By-The-Bell SAT horror episode.

Archived