Premed 101 Forums

Phone call anyone??

Guest abby

Guest abby

My sister just told me (right after the med office had closed) that Andrea had called me on Thursday afternoon. I NO idea what this is about..i know i HOPE that it is an acceptance, but it very well could be regarding something else. This weekend is going to be pure AGONY!!

Has anyone else heard anything??

Guest summervirus

Hmmm... one of my friends got a phone call today too. She wasn't able to phone the admissions office back either before it closed. I'm crossing my fingers for all of you! :) (I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone).

Guest ssup

hey guys,

i'm wondering whether you guys are 4th year+ students that are getting notified now or whether you're in the 2nd/3rd yr category. We were told that we wouldn't hear until later june/early july. Is it normal for them to call about acceptances at the end of may?

ssup

A friend of mine said he contacted the admissions office and they said that the calls which were to be made were to be done by today (Friday).....I hope there are still calls left for Monday....

Cross your fingers REALLY REALLY HARD everyone.

Guest aguinar

Does anyone know if all of the calls are complete, if that means that all acceptances have been given, or are they doing rmore calls later??:\

Guest DixielandDelight

I got a call in the late afternoon on Friday from Andrea, and I am super excited to be coming to UofA.

I don't know how far they are into the calls, so I can't be of any help there, sorry.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for everyone who is waiting, and I hope to see you in Sept!

BTW I am in-province, from Calgary

Dixie

Guest snoopychan

I can't contribute to the issue of whether they are still making calls. However, I can attest that letters have been sent out and that there is a waiting list. I am an OOP 4+ yr applicant. I got a letter today dated May 27. Basically it says that unfortunately they cannot advise me of a final decision at this time. However, they are "pleased" to inform me that I have been placed on a list of "Alternate Candidates" as deemed worthy by the ADCOM. At the end, they say that many applications have been refused and only a limited number of applicants is considered as alternate candidates.

Could anyone tell me whether they have also sent out rejection letters following interviews at this time? Also, how far down the list have they moved in previous years. Thanks. Losing sleep in Ottawa.

This is the info I received last year when I was rejected... Marlene said the waitlist had 20 people (I am in-province, but I think OOP is similar). She said they move through the OOP waitlist fairly quickly, but I don't know how many people got off it last year, much moreso than they do through the in-province waitlist. I do know that the class of 2005 had more than the 15 OOP students (I heard 22).

Guest snoopychan

Thanks Fox for that useful and spirit lifting piece of info. It surely raises my glimmer of hope. I believe that I read somewhere that you have been accepted. Congratulations with my deepest sincerity! Hopefully the OOP waitlist does move fairly quickly. They just released the results in my home province Ontario and candidates have 2 weeks to respond. Hopefully some currently holding spots at U of A will pass. Thank you so much.

Hey Snooychan,

No problem, I just hope what I have heard/been told is accurate. I, too, am from Ontario and am waiting to hear from Western, even though I know it isn't that feasible to be going there right now, considering my situation here. I certainly miss the east! Maybe I will see you in Sept. at U of A. Good luck.

Guest sassy101

Of those who were interviewed has anyone gotten a rejection letter yet ? I'm thinking that since I haven't received a letter saying I am waitlisted then my rejection must be coming.:\

Guest Megs

Hi sassy101,

I remember last year not hearing anything for a long time. They sent me a rejection at the end of July, I think! So they sort of string you along till the very end. At least, that is what happened to me last year. Good luck...you never know what will end up happening.

Megs

Archived