Premed 101 Forums

Happy

Guest EB

Guest monkey

OMG! congratulatsions Erin! i am so glad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont think i can begin to imagine how glad you must be ...and your dad too! awesome achievement there!!! congrats again!

cheerS! have an awesome weekend!!!

Guest monkey

BTW: Erin, you dont think Marlene will be calling others (in-province)? i hope she does. not that it helps considering NO ONE from my family is at home!!! :(

but i think i can wait for the good/bad news!

again YEAAA!!! i'm so glad for you! :D

Guest tommygirl

Erin,

Way to go! Congratulations. I think it was especially nice of Marlene to phone you, given your family situation.

Good luck everyone, else.

Guest monkey

BC GUY:

thanks for the quick reply! anyone else at work who is dying to know if they got called? i am anxiously waiting! hmmm...i should take my mind off of it...perhaps i need to do something else....like work for a change?! well please keep posting PEOPLE...its really exciting and congrats to all of you. SOrry i didnt say it earlier but congrats BC guy. are you thinking of attending UA!? or are you keen on some other place?

PS: i am guessing u're from BC right? just wanting to check if they're making out of province calls....

I'm an Alberta resident who got a call this morning as well. They left a message on my

machine. She said letters are all being sent this afternoon. Good luck.

monkey, do you have an answering machine or voice mail that you can call to see if there's a message waiting for you from Marlene? since phone calls are being made, maybe you could drop by the admission office this afternoon and find out in person... are you working in a lab on campus?

well, today doesn't look like it's going to be very productive... i have yet to start an experiment, so i'm thinking i'll just head down to the powerplant and begin my celebrations :evil

i noticed in one of the other forums (Queens, I think), that students who've been accepted are posting little autobio sketches of themselves... maybe we could try that here? in a class of 125, it may be a little difficult to take a guess at who "monkey", "shkelo" and "tommygirl" are :b

EB

Guest monkey

hey

i'm from calgary so it wont work for me to drop by the admin office. and i dont wnat to call them...they are busy as is. I would do what you're saying about the ans. machine, except i forget what the code is. arrrgh!!! just when i need it the most i go and forget it!

so i am really hoping i have a call sitting at home. its just 3 hrs wait...u'd think after having an acceptance in one hand it'd be easier to deal with this...;)

monkey,

if you're worrying about the u of a acceptance, maybe that means that deep down, you'd rather be there than UWO... when I originally got my acceptance to U of C, all my worries about the U of A were gone... simply couldn't of cared if I was accepted or not... it truly was my first choice... after the bad news came is when i started stressing the u of a... basically, what i'm saying is that if the UWO/UofS acceptances haven't satisfied you, maybe you really would prefer to be at UofA...

EB

Guest monkey

EB,

i dont think its the "lack of satisfaction" that is making me worry about UA. i think i'm anxious to know since this is the last school to hear back from. I'm getting an MD one way or the other. THAT is what i was and am focused on.

Plus, i dont know about you, but I'm always anxious for other news, even if i've already gotten the best news in the world in your pocket.

Guest BC guy

Yes, I am from BC so it is something special to be 1 of the 15 OOP acceptances. However, I have to think it over as the Ontario schools might be better for me in the long run. Had been asking around again re the Ontario vs UA....did not get too much new info except for the fact that the docs that I talked to do not think much of the upcoming UBC med school changes (this did not help the decision making at all!) Some of the docs just do not like to live in Edmonton it seems, which of course has nothing to do with the med school.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest summervirus

Congratulations, EB! :D

I'm new to this message board... but, I've been reading a lot of your posts in the last few days and I am also really happy for you. :)

I hope everything works out for you financially. :)

Archived