Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist!!!

Guest shrimp

Guest shrimp

I just know that I got waitlisted! So I will have to wait until, to the latest, August 30, to know if I can get in or not. As usual, the letter of course doesn't say how many people they have put in the waitlist. Keep waiting =)

good luck to everyone =)

Anyone with the same situation?

Guest kirin

HI Shrimp,

we're in the same boat!

In some ways, I wish they had just outright rejected me!

I thought the waiting game was over.

Guest kaylen

Add me to the numbers. Oh, if we could only know how many of us there are and what are chances are. This may be a long summer!

Guest kupo

hi guys

i am from new westminster.

i am originally from the Haidi Gwaii.

maybe thats why they waitlisted me for the island program. im from another island. hehe

btw, can you call and find out where on the waitlist or what score one got?

kupo

Guest kirin

HI Red,

We didn't get score breakdowns. I don't think we get them until we are officially rejected...so now I don't even know what I can improve on.

Sorry to hear about your status. I can't believe how great your stats are!?! I just don't get it!

This is your second time applying right? And from another thread, I got the impression that you were waitlisted least year but not this year. Like I said, I just don't get it.

Nope- neither year was I waitlisted. There is just too much subjectivity in it all isn't there...I'm soooo incredibly bummed out right now I can't even eat anything and yet I'm starving

Guest physiology

Last year, Dr. Frinton said that there were 56 on the waitlist. After someone asked how many they went through, Dr. Frinton asked Dr. Bates if it was okay to answer that, and then Frinton replied "26."

With this year's complicated waitlist situation, multiple sites and more spots, I have no idea.

Guest kooty

Hey Everyone...

Waitlisted too....

I was wondering if anyone knew how they decided to waitlist...

I was waitlisted for all three sites...how come some people only got waitlisted to 2?

This is not too fun...not really good news, but not total rejection either :)

Guest chocolatechips

Hi kooty:

I've just sent you a message (your ez inbox).

It really sucks to be waitlisted.

I think the reason why you're waitlisted for all 3 sites might be because you have a really good rural suitability score.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I think the reason why you're waitlisted for all 3 sites might be because you have a really good rural suitability score.
I'd agree. Given that the Prince George folks had a separate meeting to determine who was heading north, I'd imagine that the rural suitability score is an important component of the site waitlist selection process.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest northernjo

I got my small envelope today (in Victoria). I was waitlisted to the Northern Medical Program only. I figure that's as good as a rejection because how much can 24 seats move? :(

I imagine that if anyone drops out they would be filled by people accepted into the VFMP or IMP who put the NMP ranked first anyway. How do you guys think it will work?

From what I remember in previous posts we can't get our files reviewed yet, right? I'm pretty sure we have to wait for an offical rejection, but I haven't called to find out. Does anybody know for sure?

northernjo

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there northernjo,

How did you rank your sites? Was NMP your first and only choice? If not, it seems a little odd that you would not also be waitlisted for the other two programs.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest northernjo

Kirsteen,

That's the weird part of it all. I ranked the NMP 3rd! I'm sure my rural suitability is sky-high (I'm a Yukoner). So I guess maybe while my scores weren't high enough to get on the waitlist for the other two locations, the rural suitability allowed me to get on for the NMP?

It just seems so pointless to be waitlisted only there, since my chance are next to nothing. I'd like to get some feedback for the next application, but I guess I'll have to wait until September. At least being on one waitlist this year gives me more hope for next year's admissions.

northernjo

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there northernjo,

That does sound a bit odd.

At least being on one waitlist this year gives me more hope for next year's admissions.
Absolutely! :D

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest sn0w0wl
We didn't get score breakdowns. I don't think we get them until we are officially rejected...

Can anyone confirm this?

Guest northernjo

I called the admissions office and they confirmed that we couldn't get a feedback meeting until we are officially rejected. So I'd assume that includes our scores. I also found out that I'm in the top half of the NMP waitlist. How can I be in the top half there and not in either of the other two waitlists at all? I really don't get how they decided their waitlists this year.

Guest nsxboyz

Wow, I'm surprised they actually released that information to you. I guess this year they're being nicer and giving people a relative idea of where they stand.

I just wanted to say good luck to everyone on the waitlist. I was waitlisted last year and I know how nervewracking being on the waitlist can be. I would check this message board at least three/four times a day to see if anyone was ever called off of it yet.

You guys might want to try a search to look at the timeline of people who were waitlisted in the past. I believe that they don't really pull anyone off the waitlist until mid-June (after the cutoff date to put in your acceptance), where they send out emails pulling a lot of people off the waitlist at once. So keep your email boxes clear! After that date, I only heard about 1-2 people being pulled off the waitlist.

2 years ago, they pulled everyone off of the waitlist, and in fact, even called people who were initially rejected to accept them. Of course, last year was a different story, so it definitely varies from year to year.

Best of luck to everyone!

Archived