Premed 101 Forums

exam schedule

Guest BannetJ

Guest BannetJ

hi moderators,

i was wondering if you guys can elaborate on the exam schedule please? are they clustered together or spread out?

thanks

banj

Guest summervirus

Hi BannetJ,

I think you just emailed me. (Are you JW)? Anyway, your exams in first year work something like this:

1. You start with Intro block and there is a final exam at the end. I think the block lasts something like 4 weeks.

2. Then, you have Triple I block, which is around 6 weeks. You will have two exams during that time: one midterm and one final.

3. Endocrine block, again around 5-6 weeks, is broken up by Christmas break. You get your midterm exam right before you start your break and your final is at the end of January.

4. Your final block is CPR. You'll get four exams: one midterm that covers only Cardiology, one midterm that covers Pulmonary and Cardiology, and a written final exam that covers Nephrology (or "Renal" hence the "R"), Pulmonary, and Cardiology. Your fourth exam is an anatomy bellringer.

Throughout the year, you'll also receive a few standardized patient exams or OSCE's (objective standardized clinical examinations). I believe that the only one that really counts for marks is the last one, which you do at the end of the year. It's a pass-fail exam and I don't know of anyone that actually failed it.

Hope this helps.

Guest BannetJ

hi summervirus

thanks for clarifying the schedule. it is nice to know that they are spread out over the yr instead of being all bunched up together. :)

bannetj

Archived