Premed 101 Forums

Interviews into July?

Guest misagh

Guest misagh

Hello everyone,

Last year, I believe there was a set of interviews in July sometime. Does anyone know how many interviews there were, and how many people were accepted from that third round?

It's funny... While the possibility of a late interview gives me a glimmer of hope that I still have a chance at admission even into July, at the same time, it makes the anxiousness that much longer... :\

Guest summervirus

I don't remember there being interviews in July last year. I know there were July interviews around 3 years ago... but, I'm not aware that there have been any since then. Then again, I could be wrong. I wasn't really following the interview schedule last year very closely.

Yup there were July interviews. Important thing to note is that they were NOT planned. U of A cut their interview #s down too low last year, and had to hastily schedule some more at the last minute...

I'm sure they learned from that experience! So I wouldn't expect to be called for July..

Guest misagh

Thanks for the replies...

What follows is a bit lengthy, but pls bear with me...

I realize this may be a bit late to bring up, but I'm wondering if it's worthwhile for applicants who have not received an interview invitation up 'till now to still send in their final marks before the June 15th deadline.

I will be completing my 4th year at the end of this semester, and I am currently completing one of the English prereq's. I'm wondering if there's at least a chance that I'd still be called for an interview sometime after my final transcript gets to U of A (which would be after mid-May sometime, once all the marks are in) and sometime before they make final notifications of acceptances/rejections... after all, my prereq avg and overall avg could change by the end of this semester.

I looked elsewhere on the forum and at the U of A FAQ but was unable to find any specific guidance... sorry in advance if this is repetitive! The FAQ makes mention of offers being made "in May and June", but I'm not sure if interviews would still be held in June...

I was gonna e-mail the admissions office about this, and I probably will, but hehe, I've already bugged Marlene at the office a few times, so I hesitate to bug her again about something like this.

If you've read this far, you're a trooper... Thanks in advance folks...

Guest summervirus

I think the best thing to do is to ask the office directly. I don't think anyone on this board can answer your question. The decision to call applicants for interviews in July (i.e. "3rd round") is made by the office and I'm not aware of any plans to do that this year... sorry... I know my answer isn't that helpful.

Guest Jerika81

Hey EB, as you are a current U of A student, maybe your information on this is more accurate than mine, but it conflicts with what U of A admissions told me last summer.

Last July they said the extra interviews were given to people who had made the cut-offs for gaining an interview after their winter semester 2003 grades were submitted. I'm not sure why they decided to do this, as they had already sent out all of their first round acceptances and were just accepting people off the waitlist at this point. My guess would be it was because they got calls from applicants who were upset about their winter semester not being taken in to account and so to be fair they gave this small # of people interviews. Anyways, any of these people who did well in the interview were added to the waitlist- but I would be surprised if any of them got in as I don't think the waitlist moved much beyond July. At least it was good interview practice for them though.

It doesn't make sense that they had to interview more people due to not interviewing enough, since U of A did not go through their entire waitlist last year (I know because I never got off it;) ).

Hi everyone,

I am in first year at U of A and I know of atleast two of my classmates were accepted after they had a July interview. One was a fourth year/ degree student.

k

Archived