Premed 101 Forums

U of A application question

Guest Spicy Aam

Guest Spicy Aam

I just had a quick question. I am wondering why the U of A asks which other schools an applicant has applied to. Any insight as to the significance of this question would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

Hi Spicy Aam, I'm not sure what the purpose is for asking about the other schools applied to; but I this questions is not unique to the U of A. As far as I know U of S, U of C and and U of M all ask this questions too. I'm making the assumption that it doesn't play a role in whether or not you get accepted, rather its probably more for office use.

Guest Bighead

no, interviews are always in reading week (Feb 17 ish if my memory serves me right)

Keep in mind that med schools talk to each other... and they dont like it when you hold on to multiple acceptances. My guess is that you tell them which schools you applied to so that if they're about to take you off the waiting list, they check with other schools to see if you havent been accepted elsewhere yet. Most schools do something like this, but U of A is the only school I know of that asks you outright on the app.

Archived