Premed 101 Forums

Meet before school starts: 1PM August 28th @ Powerplant!

Guest summervirus

Guest summervirus

Last year, a few of us from this message board (shkelo, EB, and myself) met together before school started. We didn't know anyone in our class beforehand and shkelo suggested that we could grab a coffee to meet each other so we would know some faces during the first week. It worked out and I think it was a great idea.

Now, the question is, is there anyone here that would like to meet a day or two before school starts? We can get together somewhere close to the UA hospital.

Leave a message here if you're interested. :)

-----------------------

The plan is we'll be meeting @ 1PM Thursday, August 28th at the Powerplant (located near the Pharmacy/Dentistry building and CAB for those of you that don't know).

If you need directions, go to the Powerplant website.

I would love to meet up with anyone who is interested. Maybe we could meet before the long weekend. I am planning on going camping and taking advantage of my last weekend of freedom! The Thursday afternoon or Friday would work for me.

Guest DixielandDelight

Hey guys,

That would be great, it will be good to put some faces to usernames:p

I am probably moving up to Edmonton sometime in August, that is if we can find a place...

So, any day works for me,

Can't wait for O-week!

Dixie

Guest whatever

I'll be a dental student this year. Do you people mind my joining? After all, we have to study together during the first two years, eh?

Guest summervirus

Sure, of course! Dent students are welcome too. (I'll ask one of my friends that just found out he got into dentistry to come too). :)

Guest snoopychan

Sounds good. I am so excited to meet everyone. I will be flying in from Ottawa August 24. The first two days will be IKEA shopping and furniture assembly. I will live right by the school and I know there is a Second Cup and Tim Hortons near by. Fun fun fun. Cheers everyone!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Tylexia

Count me in, too!

And just to get the discussion going, how about meeting at 1PM Thursday, August 28th (for those of you taking advantage of the long weekend to get out of the city...)? I'm not very familiar with the Edmonton area, but I seem to remember a Second Cup or something that was across the street from the university hospital.

That day and time works for me... Anyone have any ideas where to meet? The Second Cup is close to school, but if a lot of people are going to be meeting (and it seems like it, according to this thread), it really isn't that big (just a thought).

Guest summervirus

We can try booking a large table at Earls (next door). But, it would really suck if we made a reservation for 10+ people and only a few people actually showed up.

Emily Murphy park is close to the school. Just go down Saskatchewan Drive (west) past the faculty club and Bio Sci and it is down the hill on the right.

Maybe we should stick to somewhere easier to find, I just thought of it because it seems like lots of people might show up (which would be cool)..... We could always go somewhere on Whyte if this is the case (Julio's?).

Guest summervirus

Fox: Hmm, it seems like you know the area better than me. Hehe. I'm ready to go pretty much anywhere. Does anyone else have any preferences?

Guest Tylexia

How about meeting at the university pub (if I remember correctly, I think it's called the Power Plant). Pubs can be pretty quiet during the day and I imagine the university pub would be pretty quiet the week before school starts.

For those of you from U of A, could we easily fit >10 people in the pub at 1PM on a Thursday?

Guest Petra

Thats a good idea, its right after lunch so there would not be too many people there plus the food and drinks are priced quite well there. I dont think it would be a prob to pull a whole bunch of tables together at all.

Archived