Premed 101 Forums

Meet before school starts: 1PM August 28th @ Powerplant!

Guest summervirus

Guest summervirus

Cool! :) So, the plan is 1PM Thursday, August 28th at the Powerplant (located near the Pharmacy/Dentistry building and CAB for those of you that don't know). See you all there! :)

Guest mirrille

Sorry kids. I'll probably still be on the road from Vancouver to Edmonton at that time, assuming I haven't been engulfed by a forest fire on the way. :( Have fun. I'll see you all at orientation.

Guest Tallybobally

Hey!! I just found this forum-I'm starting first year med at U of A this September and I don't know ANYONE (I'm from Sask.) So this is a great idea!! I'm interested-definitely!:rollin

Guest Kiwi Kwok

Hi everyone,

I've been reading these posts since March and it's been so helpful! Should really have figured out how to post on here earlier. :o It would be great to put faces to all these names, but I won't be up till the 30th. Can't wait to meet everyone during O-week! I'm so excited!

Kiwi

Guest Tallybobally

Hey Sassy--that's cool! Are you in med too? I took biochem, but a lot of micro as well- I just finished my third year at U of S and I'm not going back! :)

Guest sassy101

I am starting first year med this Sept Tally....and I also took Micro and Biochem at U of S! I got my double honors degree, moved to AB and never looked back. Cant wait to see who you are.:D

Guest Dafunk

Hi Summervirus,

I was just wondering, what do you look like? It would be very helpful for when we meet at the PowerPlant. I heard you were tall, fair, and female with blond hair and blue eyes. Is this true? Well, I look forward to meeting you. By the way, you'll see me there. I am 6' even, with brown hair, blue eyes, and Ill be wearing a shirt that says "A.L. rocks". A.L. stands for Alabama, where my parents are from.

Well take care and see you soon.

Regards,

Dafunk

Guest summervirus

Umm... :rolleyes

Dafunk: I never knew that you imagined me as an attractive blonde. How revealing... (Just ignore his message. I know Dafunk IRL and he's just trying to be funny). :)

For the rest of you, on the day we meet at the Powerplant, I'll be wearing a bright red NIKE T-shirt. Look for an Oriental male. And, while it would be cool to have blue eyes and blonde hair, South-East Asians typically have dark hair and brown eyes. ;) I've been told that I look like a scrawny highschool kid...

Guest gojukai kid

Hey guys,

I haven't posted but I've read the forum a few times. Lot's of useful info. I'd love to meet you guys. I know Petra, she was in the same undergraduate as me so I know one person, looking foreward to meeting the rest.

Guest snoopychan

I will be attending and am really looking forward to it. I too am Asian, and hence will not be sporting any blonde hair and blue eyes. :lol I flew in from Ottawa on Sunday and am currently in Banff vacationing but will be back in time. I will be a male with glasses, wearing a white short-sleeve shirt with khakis, looking all nervous and excited. See you soon!!

Kris

Guest Tallybobally

Hey! I'm excited about going too, although I work at 6 AM on thurs. so I may be just a little bit out of it. |I

Hopefully I can get off of work early and show up about 1:30. How bout y'all try to sit near the front of this place.....I've never been there. Anywho if anyone sees me, I'm about 6'1or 6'2 female, I'll be looking really lost and confused (tired too!) Seeeeeeeeee ya! :eek

Archived