Premed 101 Forums

Alberta...

Guest A

Guest sorry

i am sorry but all the out of province 4th year students who were to be called for an interview have been called and have had their interviews. Now, 2/3rd year students will be called for interviews in may/june.

good luck!

are 2/3 year students who have already written the MCAT (and are not waiting for April results) still interviewed in May/June?

just for future reference, does anyone know if it would be possible to find out if you're elligible for an interview and get placed in an earlier round? I know it's a wierd question, but I never knew they left 2/3 year students til the end. I will be applying to U of A med in the fall, but I've already committed to taking part in a cousin's wedding in England in June of the upcoming academic year... I would hate to back out of the wedding in hopes of getting an interview offer (especially if i only recieved a rejection letter). Does anyone have any advice with this sort of thing?

EB

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ubc3rdyear

do you guys out their have any suggestion for interviews at u of alberta? i am a 3rd year student at ubc and was recently called for an interview at u of a. How much is the interview worth in the admissions process for 3rd year students?

Guest Ian Wong

As with all interviews; a lot! Your chances of admission are usually fairly dependant on your interview status. After all, most medical schools interview between 2-3 people for each person that they admit. Since everyone they interview has the stats and activities that fit the med student profile, your interview becomes the tie-breaker that determines your acceptance.

However, even if you don't get in this year, since you clearly had the numbers/extra-currics to get an interview as a third-year student, you'll likely receive just as many, if not more interviews next year (assuming your performance stays consistent).

Ian

UBC, MS2

Archived