Premed 101 Forums

IS THERE SUCH THING?

Guest triumph

Guest NurseNathalie

Since doctors are people too... I'm sure every one of them has different likes, dislikes and personal interests.... I'm sure that somewhere- there is a doctor who isnt interested in bio or chem...

that being said, there's a difference between not really having an interest in something- and staying away from it at all costs! During undergrad training, I would imagine that everyone (whether they really like the subject or not) will have to learn about/apply principles of bio and chem...because it is relevant to the general practice of medicine

after graduation, a doctor can always chose to work in a field in which that knowledge is not used as often (ie: maybe research... or policy dev't, etc ???) if they really dislike it that much...

maybe someone has another view?

Guest FungManX

I'm pretty sure there are doctors that dislike bio and chem..

I'm a premed so I don't know if I count.. I for one HATE bio and chem.. but I'm actually doing pretty well in both courses.. with the exception of my first year ecology course..

Being a doctor should definately not depend on whether or not you like biology/chemistry.. you should know it but you don't need to LOVE it. The main requirement of being a doctor is to Love people, or at least want to help people.

Archived