Premed 101 Forums

cancelling mcat registration

Guest larasmith

Guest larasmith

If you registered to write the mcat, and changed your mind, can you just not show up? Or do I actually have to tell them beforehand? And when I send in my admission ticket for a refund, do I have to send in my picture too (haven't gotten a recent pic yet) ?

Guest kaymcee

Yes, no, and no. You can just not show up if you'd like. If you have not written the test, you're eligible to receive $100 of your registration fee.

This is directly from AAMC's MCAT website:

If you submit your registration to the MCAT Program Office and then, for whatever reason, do not attend the test, you are eligible for a partial refund of your registration fee.

The maximum refund for the regular registration fee is $100.00. Additional fees paid for a Sunday test center or for late registration are not refundable.

Refund requests must be postmarked no later than 60 days after the test date on your Admission Ticket. You should receive your refund within 90 days after the test date.

To obtain a refund, write "REFUND" across your unused Admission Ticket. If you paid your fees by credit card and wish to have the refund credited, please write the credit card number and expiration date on the Admission Ticket. Otherwise, the refund will be issued in the form of a check payable to you. Please also indicate a change of mailing address, if necessary. Mail your unused Admission Ticket to: Refund Request, MCAT Program Office, PO Box 4056, Iowa City, IA 52243-4056.

Archived