Premed 101 Forums

OT - Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Guest marbledust

Guest marbledust

Um...will anybody else admit to caving into the hoopla and going to Chapters at midnight to buy the book? I gotta admit, it was kinda fun to see all the kids (and grownups) decked out in costumes.

Now the hardest part: trying to avoid spoilers splattered all over TV, newspapers, and other message boards!

How insane is this? From the CBC website:

Indigo Books predicted that the book would top its current bestseller The Da Vinci Code, selling more copies in the first 24 hours than the grown-up thriller did in its first year.

Crazy. I can't wait to read it--I should get around to it next May/June :)

Guest opiedog

I'll admit it, we ordered our family copy about two months ago online - saved a bundle that way but haven't recieved it via delivery just yet. The last edition was delivered by Purolater or UPS the day it went on sale. We still headed to Chapters (home away from home) to see the party. Favourite take away was a Hedwig balloon. In seeing hundreds of kids running around with sparkle glue and scissors, I would have had heart failure if I were management guarding the floor stock. If you judge a parties success by the debris floating around, this one was a smash hit:)

Guest therealcrackers

Ordered a copy on line about 2 months ago. Went home post-call to wait out the delivery guy. Arrived about 1:30 in the afternoon. Now I have to wait until my other half reads it first...

Guest NurseNathalie

We went out and bought our 2 copies at Chapters... it was nice to see them do something geared to kids like that!

one son has finished reading it; one more is about half way through and I had to threaten death and destruction so that my husband would finally put it down and go to bed! I have to wait for my other two sons to read it before I get my turn, but I will take a little while though: its shark week now! grrr...

they seem to really be enjoying the book though!

Archived