Premed 101 Forums

Wisdom Teeth emergency

Guest belledentiste

Guest belledentiste

Hey, is it normal not being able to swallow after getting your wisdom teeth extracted? Well, I can swallow, but it's EXTREMELY difficult and painful .....I'm still in a lot of pain.... I can't even keep my mouth closed.

It's a good thing I didn't get them extracted before school! It's ironic how I'm going to start dents in sept, yet I 'm so afraid of that IV needle. The nurse couldn't find my vein and she kept on pushing the needle in. She tried to give me the "laughing gas" to help me relax, but, apparently, my body resisted the effects of the gas ('cause my heart rate was really fast!)

the only form of communication I have with my friends now, is a pad of paper and a pen, or msn, because I can't even utter a word. For those of you getting your wisdom teeth out, it's only painful (very painful!) after the surgery.

Guest Justanotherkeener

Hey, I remember when my friend got his wizzies out that he experienced similar problems as you (though he could close his mouth). But, if you feel really bad you can always call your friendly OS's office and ask them some questions, I'm sure they'd be more than glad to help you out.

Keener

p.s. Just think of all the fun you will have being on the other end of the scalpel in several years:D

Guest arghh

hellloooo

i think you shld call your dentist or oral surgeon. when i got mine out i was provided with a 24 hr pager number for emergencies, it might calm your nerves/answer your questions

but as for me, i never felt pain, bc i was so full of painkillers i wldnt know any better. i took them for the first three days every 4 hrs or whatever they were prescribed for, regardless of if i felt pain or not. that way i didn't let them wear off so i never was in pain.

and i cldn't open my mouth too wide for the first couple of days.

that was me but call and find out from present professionals not ppl like me who need another few years

Guest belledentiste

If I could talk, I would call the OS. My aunt, who's a nurse claims that my inability to swallow is probably caused by a tube that they stuck down my trachea whileI was under general anaesthetic. Anyway, thanks for the advice. Back to the pain! This is worse than hacing my leg broken.

Archived