Premed 101 Forums

interview cutoffs

Guest dentistwannabe

Guest dentistwannabe

Hey everyone, I was wondering what the cut-offs were for interviews? If you got at interview, what were your stats like?

Thank you.

Guest bcdentalgirl

I got an interview at UBC with a 78% average. I even have an F on my transcript! Just thought I'd share that for all you that think a bit of failure will destroy your dreams. Don't believe it!

Guest tantastic

I was wondering how you got interviewed. IF you look on the UBC website it says that those admitted had an average of approx 84%.

Out of curiosity what is your GPA? For example at UofT a 75-79 would be a 3.3 and that would be nowhere near the GPA required to gain an interview let alone acceptance. Does UBC just take percentages and average them rather than converting everything to GPA?

I was also wondering about that F, how did you manage to increase your overall GPA to 78% with an F in your average? Did they drop your worst year?

In any case, good luck to you :)

Thanks

Guest bcdentalgirl

Yup, the average of those admitted is 84%. That means there are a bunch of people with higher avgs than me. Could be some people with lower than me too.

They didn't drop my worst year. I overcame an F because that was only 3 credits out of 90 at the time (I applied after my third year).

As for U of T, I suppose if I'm below the cutoff, then yes I probably wouldn't have been considered for an interview. But I didn't apply to U of T.

I don't know how the UBC admin process works, but it seems that they perhaps might look beyond grades in many, if not all cases. I know there are people with grades way beyond mine who did not get in. Take from that what you will.

84% avg was the admitting grade, however, this does not mean everyone got 84%. There will be ppl getting in with 90%+, that will mean if it will be ppl (but smaller number) will have below 80% avg.

Archived