Premed 101 Forums

Student Loans and Scholarships and what not

Guest scooter

Guest scooter

Hey, I just got my orientation package read to me (yeah I couldn't wait till my mom scanned it and e-mailed it to me). I shall now start my World quest for the ultimate pirate costume ever!!

After a lot of soul searching and what not i've decided not to enter into the beard/go-t growing contest. Though naturally competitive I don't think being known as a bearded-lady is really a place I want to go. Also, upon consultation with my face, it has informed me, given my gender, that I am not infact able to grow a beard... Oh well... but good luck to the rest of you :lol

Thanks 007, I have the scheldule for O week now, so that should be enough...

Looking forward to meeting everyone, given that we have a BBQ on Sunday the official countdown is : 35 days (no i'm not clever enough to figure out with the time change and stuff...)

Guest medbella

Does anyone know when Dal lets the recipients of scholarships/bursaries know that they've been chosen to receive one? Thanks

medbella

Guest anitabanita

...lol- all along I thought scooter was a male!

From ur last post I'm guessing not..man these forum names can be misleading...lol...carry on with your serious talk

Guest scooter

Hey guys,

Countdown: 28days!!!

Okay, so i am beginning to think that i may need to proof read what I write as your the second person to assume that I'm a guy (and for every two who admit there is at least a smurf somewhere that believes likewise). For the proper record, Scooter (and actually it should be Scooterless as I never got around to getting a scooter... i'm that lazy sometimes:eek ) . But so you don't all think you have lost your ability to tell gender from writing, I'm in fact 7 feet tall and weigh 350 kg. I do not own 45 pairs of shoes, nor do I giggle about boys with my JHS students, and I have an A+ gpa and got a 42T on the MCAT... one of these is infact untrue... but can you guess which one?:smokin

Update on the ultimate costume quest:

Tokyo- only found kinky crazy pirate costumes which are rather inappropriate for a PG 13 event (also, am not a fan of leather pants- this is true).

Seoul- no luck yet. They seem to be unaware that a pirate trend is emerging in the world. I shall continue the quest.. however i was offered a potential lead of a place that quote "has everything you could ever want" now since i want an amazing pirate costume... i deduce that one is waiting for me for a mere dollar...:P

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I just got accepted off the waitlist...totally unexpected and great!! But, now I have to figure out all this student loan stuff as well as try to apply for a scholarship (if it's not too late). I hadn't informed myself previously of any of this stuff as I hadn't yet been accepted. Does anyone know what steps I should take? I'm an Ontario resident...does this mean I have to apply for an Ontario loan?? Is it too late to apply for a scholarship on Dalmedix?

Thanks!!

Congratulations on getting off the waitlist. It will be wonderful to finally see everyone in several weeks. :)

Unfortunately, you have missed the scholarships deadline for Dalmedix. It passed a little over a month ago.

Also, info update from Tracy Teed...the scholarship committee will not meet until Sept. 14. The letters for scholarships and bursaries will be mailed early the next week.

Have a good day,

Zakiyaa:p

Archived