Premed 101 Forums

DalMedix

Guest Mateui

Guest Mateui

I got access to DalMedix two days ago but I can't find any scholarship/bursary application info. Does anybody know where to find it if it's already available? Or are the forms not uploaded yet? Thanks.

Guest Lumberjack55

I believe that information is not available yet. In the email it said they would post that information in the "my files" section but it appears they have not uploaded the file yet. Hopefully soon!

Guest zakiyaa

Actually, if you type in "2010" in the search box, it will come up with the "Class of 2010 preparation document". It just tells you basic information, but still, it's new to us.

Enjoy!

-Zakiyaa:lol

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BlueSkies

Hi all!

Could someone who has access to DalMedix already pass on some info regarding immunizations and scholarship applications. For instance, do I have to get reference letters for the scholarship applications? Which shots do I need to have by August? I have tried looking at the Dal Website but I can't find any current info....

I'm an OOP-er who was told that I would be getting access to DalMedix sometime in the next few weeks (anyone else get admitted in May and but still haven't recieved access to Dal Medix?)

Thanks,

Blueskies.

Guest scooter

Hey Blueskies,

I have access to dalmedix but there has not been any postings about how to apply to the scholarships and burseries yet. Apparently they are changing some of the forms, so i figured it wouldn't be a great idea to go by last years.

For immunization you need the original proof, if you don't already have Hep B you can get after you start.

Also, you need to have Basic Cardic Life Saving C (child). They e-mail you a letter saying this, pm me your e-mail address so I can attach the file (I can:t attach it from ezboards sorry)

Guest Lumberjack55

Hey I just wanted to tell those of you who don't know that the scholarship and immunization info is now up on Dal Madix. I had to search for 'class of 2010' on the dal medix home page to find the info.

Guest Madz25

A quick question about the BCLS - do we need to do the standard first aid course as well or is doing the CPR course enough?

Madz

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mimicat65

Hi MelNB,

Dal doesn't have a white coat ceremony, but there is usually an official ceremony held during orientation week which involves welcomes from a bunch of important people, citing the oath, etc. Some people brought parents/family members with them. Can't remember what the ceremony was called.... someone help me out here. :P But no one wore white coats.

Guest scooter

Hey Mimicat,

You said some people brought their family. Is it the kind of ceremony that will give parents warm and fuzzys?? Lots of important looking people giving tedious speaches and lots of formatlity- coats or gowns would really up the fuzzy feelings. My parents LOVED graduation from undergrad so I'm thinking this might be the kinda of thing that will make them happy campers They are easily amused and almost more excited about me entering med than i am;) (my mom is actually making a scrap book!! they won't let me have my original acceptance letter as I might crumple it!! (They sometimes go overboard with the whole supportive thing... but I doubt they would be so thrilled if I had followed my other dream and enter Jedi Knight school- fyi also accepted by declined for Dal med).:rollin

Guest Mimicat65

If they enjoyed graduation, they will enjoy this ceremony. I feel the warm and fuzzies coming on strong! ;) There was a wine & cheese reception following the ceremony during our orientation. It's a good opportunity to mix & mingle a bit with some admin and other students and families.

Guest scooter

I personally DO like my wine and Cheeses (a very old and frequent tradition at U of Ottawa Psy). And they do like Pomp and Circumstance... I think we might have a winner.:lol

Archived