Premed 101 Forums

Gap Year activities... What did you do before Med school

Guest scooter

Guest scooter

Hey,

I had the question posed to me in another topic and i thought i might start a thread on what kinda adventures we all did between undergrad and med school - ie after we didn't get in first round, or just decided to go on an adventure (or both like me:hat )

So, i'll start. I am teaching english in Japan on the JET program. It is run by the government and pays really really well. It is well organized and your apartment and flight is taken care of. You have plenty of extra time to learn Japanese (though mine is still dreadful, I can get my point across) and do experience the culture. If you come Japan definately look at JET over private companies. I have friends in Korea and China and they really enjoy it as well.

As for med school. Both MUN and DAL talked about it during my interview, and they remembered me the next year. Also, since I was flying so far for interviews both schools were really flexiable, MUN gave me a day a week before interviews started and DAL the first day of interviews. I flew home for 10 days- 2 weekends and a week so I could do both schools back to back.

SOoo what kind of adventures did you guys get up to/ will be getting up to between undergrad and med school?? I REALLY recommend doing something/anything before going onto med-- we are only young and free once!

Archived