Premed 101 Forums

OOPs

Guest rookiemeds

Guest Rheticus

Since no one else replied, I thought I would.

It was fun. The interview went ok, it seemed to go really fast, and I didn't really say all I wanted to, but I guess that is common. I have no idea how I did on the grand scale though.

Guest lidia

I had a similar experience to Rheticus.

I felt the interview was short, and I really don't know that I presented enough about myself to make them want to give me an offer. Also, it didnt really help that the med student interviewer reminded me that I was the last one he had to go through before he could have lunch :\

Other than that, I was totally impressed by the school. I had a really enthusiastic student tour guide (Natalie I think?), who really did a great job of introducing us to Dal Meds.

I did not go to the night activities, so I can't comment on those. But thanks to all the Med 1's who put effort into showing us their school and putting us at ease.

I really appreciate it!!

Guest namcln

Alright! I get an honourable mention on the boards!

Yep, I'm enthusiastic. I can't help but be enthusiastic! :o I'm so happy that people had a good time and that I and the rest of us could be of some use. It really is great here and, after being all over, I couldn't be happier to be home.

On the interview part, I know many of you had other more intense and intimidating interviews at other schools. Comments about it being too short were really common and I think it's by comparison. Dal is very laid back (the lunch comment was a joke, to be sure) and they just want to see that you are personable and friendly.

Take good care, and like I said, if you have any questions in the meantime, let me know. :D

Guest lidia

Thanks Natalie,

I didnt know you lurked around these boards!

I was wondering if you have any classmates that did have interviews that were a bit stressful at Dal. While the school itself seemed pretty chill, I didnt find the interview as laid back as other people's. I didnt get some of the positive reactions I was able to get from interviewers at other schools, and looking back on it, I'm thinking my answers really werent what they could have been.

Such a shame since Dal seems so fantastic. Wish I could do it all over again!

Guest namcln

Hey again lidia,

Certainly there were people in my class who felt they had stressful interviews. They all say they got in so it couldn't have been that bad and it doesn't color their experience of the school this far. Looking back on mine, I could have answered some questions better than I did, but I felt that was the case for all my interviews. :rolleyes It's a very surreal experience when you get in; those first few days, many sit in class with absolute incredulity that they "fooled admissions" into letting them in because their interview/extra curric/marks were not good. However, you come to realise that nobody is completely perfect, nobody is better or worse than you are, and that you do deserve to be there.

I honestly don't know what else I can tell you about your interview. If you have the fabulous fortune of choosing schools to attend, and Dal is one of them, you should choose the city, program and place that most appeals to you. Traditionally, all OOPs are ranked and offered spots in the order of ranking. Dal went deep into the waitlist last year but it varies from year to year. I can't say enough about the amazing experience I have had here, stressing strongly the quality of my clinical experience, the fabulous classmates I have and the freedom I have in my elective(s) choice.

I certainly would be happy to welcome you and all the incoming Med Is next year!

Take care during the wait... it is killer. :\

N:D

Archived