Premed 101 Forums

Interview notices non-maritimers

Guest sig83

Hi,

I was just wondering when interview notices will be sent out for non-maritime applicants....although the admissions timeline on the website says early January, on the announcements page it says that non-maritimers will be notified of COMPLETENESS OF FILES by Jan 9th. Does anyone know/have any non-maritime applicants received interview invites yet?

Thanks!

Last year I heard about my interview on Jan 31 (and that was after some delays). The admissions office is pretty good about posting dates on the website, so just keep watching that and know that it won't be too much longer.

Guest Maple21

what's the difference between emails about ineligibility and emails that say you are rejected and won't receive an interview (for OOP applicants)? just curious...

no one has heard anything yet i assume?

Guest jaegwon

The way I understand it....

Inelligibility = didn't meet a cutoff or prereq, etc. (ie. took august MCAT and didn't get 30)

Rejection letter = met the requirements but not ranked high enough for interview...

Guest JewelLeigh

This is correct.

For maritime applicants - ineligibility and not getting an interview are the same thing since all eligible applicants will receive an interview. But for non-maritimers, the rest of the application is also considered before granting an interview. Thus, as stated, you may meet the cut-offs and thus be eligible, but unlike Maritime applicants, you may not receive an interview.

Guest Maple21

So - has anyone out of province heard about interviews yet? Its getting close to Jan. 31st and i'm dying to hear!!!

will there be chances to billet with current students for out of province interviews?

Guest JewelLeigh

There is usually a system organized to hook non-maritimers up with Med 1 students for billeting on the interview weekend. This should be organized through the "Ask A Med Student" program, so keep an eye out for that :)

Archived