Premed 101 Forums

Hmm just a few curiosities ..

Guest the empty world

Guest the empty world

Hello.. this is an impressive board, I think this might help me a lot.. :)

I'm currently a senior in high school (well, almost..starting this August) and I'm also in the International Baccalaureate Program (I.B. - I think Canadians know more about it than Americans)..

And I'm really interested in studying medicine at the University of Toronto, or possibly Queen's.. and I just got a lot of help on how the whole pre-med years go, but I'm kind of caught up on the application process to U of T as an American student.

I've kept in touch with U of T a lot over the past few months, but I think there's some stuff that I really want to get some more info on:

1) Anyone have any information on where to start researching and applying for scholarships and grants to U of T or Queen's?

2) Did anyone here take any I.B. courses..I'm curious if you got any credits towards classes for them..

3) I just requested the paper application form for applying to Ontario Universities, but is there an essay required ?

lol okey I'll stop there..just that U of T is really busy at the moment I think and their replies come a bit too slow, I have to start applying in the next few months and I need to get some final questions cleared before I can.

Thanks for any answers, I really appreciate them.

Guest cheech10

1) Most scholarships do not require application. Those that do tend to be for individual with specific circumstances. Try the Admissions and Awards Office at UofT for info.

2) This depends on the individual university. Some do accept IB and/or AP credits, others don't. Not sure who to ask, try starting with Admissions and Awards. At the least, they'll point you in the right direction.

3) No essay for most schools (although Trinity College at UofT did, if they still do and you apply there, they'll send it to you I think)

Guest the empty world

Alright.. just that mailing them at the moment is going to lead to slow replies, but eh. I guess I'll keep that up.. thanks.

Archived