Premed 101 Forums

Keep those fingers crossed - FIRST week of Feb!

Guest physiology

Guest physiology

Talked to Joy from the admissions office today and she said that interview invites and rejections will be sent first week of February.

Whoa, this board has been cleaned up!!!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I contacted admissions too and they also mentioned that although they had originally wished the out-of-province invitations to emerge first, that won't necessarily be the case. Instead, they are going to try to send out all the interview notifications within a short period of time (within the week) and alphabetically. With respect to the initial e-mailed notifications, they will simply say that you have been granted an interview, and that you should keep the full range of March dates clear; actual interview details, e.g., date and time, will be e-mailed thereafter. With respect to the alphabetical sorting of invitations (over 500 of them), although they have been grouped alphabetically, they may not start with the A-C pile. Admissions mentioned that they may begin with a pile in the middle, so if you're in the A-C category (like me) don't fret too much if you start hearing that the Z's are receiving their notifications. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest northernjo

Just wondering... are invites the only thing sent by email or could we get a reject that way too? I imagine that they are sent by snail-mail, but I thought I check and see if anyone knows for sure. Thanks,

northernjo

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

As far as I've been told, the positive, i.e., interview notifications, will be sent via e-mail. Rejections will be via snail-mail. (This is the way UBC sent their various pieces of news in the past few years, too.)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest canstowski

REally? i got phoned for interview last year...well if this is the case, i better clear up some of my e-mail space just in case....maybe duct tape my mail box so i will never receive my interview reject letter :lol

So I check my e-mail this morning and see a message from UBC. My stomach just about dropped to the floor.

However, it was just a friendly reminder to apply for graduation, since I am graduating in May.

Damn them!!!!

I am slowly going crazy........

Guest walkorbike

lol, Ollie,

I feel your pain. I had an e-mail from U Cal and two from UBC two days ago, all sending along the MyDoom attachment! (I didn't click them open). I hope that was not prophetic! Take care--I won't say take it easy, because I know that is near-impossible!! good luck

Guest not rex morgan

Have no fear. I'm in med school and I've gotten at least 5 MyDoom emails. Think of it positively. It's happening to all the cool kids. :b

Guest soapyslicer

I got a thin envelope from Admissions yesterday and thought it was all over for this year. Opened it to find out I did not receive special consideration status this year. The last line went on to say that my application would now be entering the regular stream....talk about a heart stopping few minutes.

Good luck to everyone this week!

Soapy

Guest Kirsteen

Yikes!

Those thinvelopes can be pretty alarming. :eek UBC may have a propensity for zipping those out too, as I recall a bit of a heart-stopping moment akin to yours, soapy, in May a couple of years ago. While awaiting UBC's post-interview, yay or nay response, I made the jaunt to my mailbox, to find a small envelope printed with the UBC Faculty of Medicine crest. Turned out that it was a post-interview, "how did we do?" survey. Beat, my stalling heart. :)

Cheers and best of luck all,

Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there UBC student,

If you're referring to the interview invitations, they are supposed to be sent beginning next week, via e-mail.

Cheers and good luck,

Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

The e-mails are supposed to emerge this week, although it was not mentioned as to which day they would begin appearing. Nothing on this end, yet. :)

Cheers and best of luck!

Kirsteen

Guest canstowski

This reminds me of the dreadful summer i had last year constantly checking for e-mails, waiting to see if i have been taken off the wait-list. :x

Guest AnxiousBoy

So, I got an email today with the sender named "Admissions MD". My heart jumped, only to find out that it was a reply to a question i had a while back.

Oh the anxiety continues... :\

lol! I know the feeling. I've been haunting the mailbox for the past two weeks. Everytime I get mail that isn't flyers I have a heart attack, and then realize it's just my phone bill, cable bill or something. What doesn't kill us will make us stronger...right ?? :P

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I contacted the UBC Admissions Office today for a wee update re: the interview invitations. The intention remains that they will begin sending the e-mails out this week, and the mailing shall continue into next week.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

It is a wee bit frustrating that they can't simply post this kind of information on their website. I'm sure it would save them lots of phone calls and emails.

This website has been a great resource for me. Without it I wouldn't have a clue and my stress level would be through the roof, as the website does say that interview invitations were to be sent in Jan.

A big thanks to all who have been keeping me informed!

Guest klukyboy

While this forum does offer a HUGE wealth of information, there are times (like now) that I kinda wish I never started reading it. I could be blissfully unaware of the fact that interview notifications are due any day now, and be able to go about my day. But instead, I'm well informed and checking my email and this forum a few thousand times a day. I'm this close to developing a nervous twitc;lwreh... dammit! :b

Archived