Premed 101 Forums

UBC or Ottawa

Guest mE

Hi all...I know that the results are not out yet but to kill some waiting time which shool do you think is better and why??? UBC or Ottawa?

Guest satsumargirl

This has absolutely nothing to do with the medical program because I don't know anything about UBC medicine. BUT...I lived in BC for awhile and I LOVED it!!

UBC's campus is particulary beautiful. And there is so much to do there.

Assuming they have a good medical program (and I can't imagine they don't) I would chose UBC given the choice....if only for the volumes of excellent sushi!

Sats

I know..."better' is a relative term and so really depends on the person. But lets say in terms of the medical program, the curriculum, early clinical exposure, and the student body. Which do you think ranks higher, UBC or Ottawa?

Guest sparkle

Gosh, I kind of like UOttawa better! But this is just an overall gut feeling I got during my interview weekend. The admissions office and students are so nice & welcoming...and I like their laptop program! I didn't quite get this feeling at my UBC interivew.

However, like I said, that was just gut feeling and I don't know enough about the curriculum and stuff to make a justified opinion. That being said, my research shall begin now...as I just got a happy call from Ottawa an hour ago :D And as of now, UBC and Ottawa are the only two school's I've heard from!

Guest sparkle

Waitlist? No...I got a call from Dr. Goldstein to tell me to check my e-mail...for some good news :D

Don't they call everyone? Or am I special ;) Hahahaha

Archived