Premed 101 Forums

High speed internet discount

Guest westerngirl2004

Guest westerngirl2004

Hey everyone,

Did anyone find out more about the three different packages of high-speed access that Edunet offers in association with Rogers?

I signed my lease (riverside apartment) this past friday :rollin , so planning and getting everything else ready now. (the internet deal the apartment has is $45/month)

Cheers,

westerngirl

Guest drbutterwick

Hey,

How's it going? Looks like you had some success in the house hunting, eh! I'm still on the hunt, but hopefully I have it wrapped up soon. Mind if I ask what you are paying for the place? 1 person or 2 person? Also, If you get some more info on the internet deal, could you post it? Sorry for all the questions, could I ask anymore? Hahaha

Cheers, Derek

Guest westerngirl2004

Hi Derek,

Things are going ok, but busy getting things ready before I move in august. I rented a 2-bedroom for $1170/month (with parking and 1 month free) on riverside drive (there's about 6-10 apartment building in a row there). It sounds abit much but that's for Castle View only. The apartments' rent there are priced ~$699 for bachelor, range from ~$700-$865 for 1-bedroom or $849-$1170/month for 2-bedroom. The environment is really good, literally right on bus route/stops. We sat outside of the apartments for a while, and the people/neighborhood looks good/safe. Walking distance 15-20 min depending how fast you walk (~3 blocks). Check out http://www.renters.ca and www.mintorentals.com/comm.../east.html for apartment rentals. You can find contact phone # with www.finditinottawa.com/ also.

Hope that helps you in ur house hunting. Did you check out the post by g22g for townhouse renting? There were couple other emails circulating regarding sharing pixley complexes or townhouses near the hospital too.

I will let you know about internet deal when I find out. You can ask more questions if you want :) Good luck!

Cheers,

westerngirl

Guest westerngirl2004

Derek,

You can find the pricing and details of the high speed internet packages here:

www.edunet.ca/edunet/geta...icing.html

Cheers,

westerngirl

Edit: I called rogers about this today and found out that these deals are only valid if you order the package before August 6th (you can arrange to have it installed after that) as rogers is getting out of the contract

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mish80

I was trying to re-new my annual deal with Rogers the ohter day, when I was told that their contract with university is running out on Aug 5th. I called the student federation (SFUO) which usually sells these packages and they confirmed that, also adding that a new deal (with someone else, don't know if Sympatico) is in works and should be ready by September. They also said the pricing should be similar.

misha

Archived