Premed 101 Forums

status updates?

Guest Tara191

Guest Tara191

Has anyone had their status updated yet? I'm getting a little worried as it shows that my MCAT and transcripts have arrived but not my must sign form and fee (and I sent those forms in a month ago). Is anybody in a similar situation where they sent their must- sign form and cheque about a month ago but have not had their status changed to 'received'?

Thanks,

Tracy

Guest notamedic

I'm in the same situation.......

.......I think they're really busy right now, so give it a couple more weeks.

If it doesn't change by then, just call.

notamedic

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I believe UBC normally sends out a form in October which notes whether or not letters, transcripts, forms, fees, etc., have been acknowledged as received. I'm sure they are trying to pull together as many acknowledgments as they can before sending those letters, so if your letter arrives with holes in it where "received" should be, then definitely give them a shout.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi again,

Further to the above, I just checked the UBC Admissions FAQ page, and it notes that:

The majority of documents are matched after October 1st. All documents will be matched by November 1st.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Makunouchi

Just to let you know about the other possibility...

I have "not received" for everything

MCAT scores released in July/August

Transcript sent on Sept 9

Must-sign form and Cheque submitted mid-September

Guest not rex morgan

For those of you who haven't applied before, just apply this rule of thumb. Take whenever you think it would be reasonable to hear, and add 3-4 weeks. The admissions process is a huge undertaking on the part of the administration, so there are bound to be delays. With the expansion coming up, we're even seeing delays in getting administrative work done within the working program. It's very frustrating, and in your cases, anxitey-provoking, but it has nothing to do with you. Good luck guys.

Guest Makunouchi

Yeah, I thought I'd let everyone know that they're not the only ones that may have 1-4 "not received".

The office referred me to the FAQ when asked, and with the 1300 applications it makes a bit of sense that things don't get done as quickly... too bad.

Thanks for the extra reassurance - bit less worried.

Guest Pucca81

I know a lot of applicants check their status often on the web and often feel anxious if it hasn't been updated. It takes them very long time to update it. Remember that there are hundreds of applicants and only a few application reviewers. As long as you have proofs that you sent in everything by the date (e.g. did u print out your application? the receipt of credit card payment for transcript?) you have 'nothing' to worry about. And please try not to call them b/c it only slows down the whole process. If you e-mail them, they won't get back to you for a while.

You have handed in the application, so just chillax and focus on applications for other schools or just start preparing for the interviews!!! Best wishes~

Archived