Premed 101 Forums

First Aid and CPR

Guest FrenchyMed

Guest FrenchyMed

I have never taken any first aid course. The Ottawa Med calendar states that we need to produce a certificate of CPR level C prior to registering.

Nicole Racine mentioned that one course would be offered in the fall. Is this the level C?

So... Am I supposed to take it this summer or wait?

Hi FM

I asked Nicole this when she called b/c I had already registered for a Standard First Aid class for Western (they do require it). She said I didn't need to get it this summer. Hope that helps.

Guest mollybear

Hey guys!

U of O organizes a CPR session where everyone who hasn't taken it can get certified in the fall so don't worry about doing it now. I had never taken a first aid course before coming to med school. Also, they offer it for only 25-30 dollars so its pretty good. Hope this helps!

Guest FrenchyMed

I spoke to Denis in the admissions office. He has confirmed that we do not need to take the course this summer.

The session previously-scheduled for this fall may end up being given in January (he mentioned that it will be offered before the cardio block).

Yay! One less thing to worry about! :lol

Guest westerngirl2004

that's good to know. i lost my certificate for my cpr course; i called and they said it would cost $20 :eek to get a new one. i'm not going to bother getting a new certificate as it will expire in march anyways. I'll just take the CPR course with others in the class. :)

cheers,

westerngirl

Archived