Premed 101 Forums

Books

Guest Gordo58

Guest Gordo58

Howdy,

Im just curious as to how many books we will have to buy in September? Is it sufficient just to have the lap-top? What is the best anatomy book to buy?

Thanks!

Gord

Guest mistah anderson

Hi there. Hypothetically, you should be able to get by without any books at all... i.e., just using the curriculum on the web.

However in practice this is not always the case. While I will concede that for certain blocks it *is* the case (e.g., Development and Homeostasis), it is always a good idea to buy the 'quintessential' text for each block (for example, during the Cardio block, you'll be doing yourself a disservice if you don't get a copy of Lilly's 'Pathophysiology of Heart Disease'). At the start of the year, our VP Academic will go through all of the recommended textbooks for med students and tell you guys which ones are the best to have (we got a handout last year with the big list).

As well, certain general content books are not necessary at this stage but are just nice to have because they help as resource manuals. Among these are Robbins' 'Pathologic Basis of Disease,' Netter's 'Atlas of Human Anatomy,' and the Toronto Notes MCCQE guidebook.

If you want a good anatomy book, I'd recommend Netter's because it is the gold standard. Grant's is also good.

Archived