Premed 101 Forums

When do the waitlists start moving?

Guest FrenchyMed

Guest FrenchyMed

Congratulations to those who received offers!

Well, although I did not received an outright acceptance, I did receive a good waitlist letter. This sure beats the bad waitlist letter from last year! :x

So, I was wondering when we can realistically start expecting movement on the waitlists?

I know the English waitlist is likely to move quite a bit, based on people's posts. How about the French list? (the one I'm really interested in)

FrenchyMed

Guest westerngirl2004

Hi FrenchyMed,

I was just going to post that question. I also received a good waitlist letter. Hopefully, the English waitlist will move quickly. The waiting part of it all is killing me.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the both of us.

westerngirl2004

Guest dantheman30

From what i have heard... the earliest we could expect movement is on June 12. Apparently everyone who is accepted gets 2 weeks to confirm. Good luck!

Dan

Guest Ryguy5

Hey guys,

Now that the acceptances and waitlist letters have been sent out, those accepted have 2 weeks to make one of three decisions: A) Accept B) Decline C) Tentatively Accept (and wait for offers of admission from other schools off of the waitlists). The 2 week period ends on Friday the 11th of June and then the next working day is Monday the 14th. There should be plenty of waitlist movement during the week of the 14th-18th. Until then, there won't be any activity on the waitlist, so for all of you on the good waitlist don't worry about sitting by the phone all day.

Any other questions ... just ask.

I look forward to meeting all of you next year,

Ryan

Guest FrenchyMed

Let's say that someone has already made up their mind and decided to go elsewhere and let UofO admin know. Would the waitlist start moving then, or would they still wait to make phone calls on the 14th?

Guest wassabi101

Congratulations to you all!

I received my call off the waiting list on the 12th of June last year, one day before the deadline others had to accept or decline. It was completely unexpected, as I too was waiting until after the responses had been accepted. FrenchyMed, I was accepted into the francophone program, so calls were probably made around the same time for both streams! No point in waiting for the phone to ring though- these things happen at the least unexpected times ;)

Cheers,

wassabi

Guest FrenchyMed

Although I Know that the calls won't be made for a few more days still, I can't help but checking my home voice-mail once in a while... :lol

I'd love to get the news before my birthday (June 17th). Getting in would be the best present ever!

In the meantime, I'll try to keep busy...

Guest wassabi101

Hey dantheman, me too! I tried to write back to your yahoo address and send you a message through ezboard and both wouldn't work!???

bizarre...

wassabi

Archived