Premed 101 Forums

By when is the class full each year?

Guest gandalph101

Guest gandalph101

When is the last day I can expect to receive an offer of admission, if I'm on the "good" waitlist? End of June? July? It would sure make planning easier, especially if moving from a different city...

Guest MDSMelissa

Hi,

In the information session, it was mentioned that since the OMSAS date for moving conditional acceptances to firm acceptances is July 2, the class will be established fairly quickly after that. So I would think that by mid to late July the class will be pretty much filled up. I am not sure if there is an exact date.

Melissa

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Wouldn't it also be a function of movement on the waitlists at non-Ontario schools? That is, although the Ontario schools will erase waitlistees from their lists in July if they see that the applicant has provided a firm acceptance to any Ontario school, the Ontario schools can't do the same if the applicant has given a firm acceptance to a school outside of Ontario. :rolleyes

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest UOMeds06

So just about every year, there will be movement right up until Frosh week....some times even in Frosh week.

Typically, the class is "full" by June/July but almost inevitably a spot opens up quite late...happened in my year, and it happened last year. These are the people who generally are more grateful than any one to join the class....so don't give up if you still haven't heard by July....but it doesn't hurt to have something else on the go.

UOMeds06

Guest mistah anderson

Actually, in my class, we had a new spot open up two weeks into the term! This, however, is a very rare occurrence and can't be counted on.

Archived